Thread: ZRX100 - What Master Cylinder to use?

ZRX100 - What Master Cylinder to use?

hi all,

Has anyone any thoughts on what would be a good replacement master cylinder please?

There's just too much travel following a rebuild with new disks, pads, pistons and also master cylinder rebuild kit. I just cannot get any pressure, and even when it does build, the pressure disappears overnight again :-(

thanks!

Re: ZRX100 - What Master Cylinder to use?

It sounds like you still have air in the system, but if you're looking for an upgrade, you can't go to far wrong with a Brembo MC.

I seems that you have work to do with your present system as the replacement M/C will have the same problem unless the problem is the M/C itself.
    Sounds like air as said above or you have a leak.
    If you have replaced the lines and are running a two line system, then I guarantee the air will be at the double banjo into the M/C

That being said if you want to replace the master cylineder and can't run to Brembos, a lot of peeps use the ZXR masters. If you want a radial pumper, then look at early GSXR1000 ones.

If, like me, you think that remote reservoirs don't suit the retro look of the bike, then you can use radial M/Cs from a ZG1400 concours
    TPB-Founder member HCW
    Champagne ideas on beer money

Get a good lever with your oe mc currently fitted.
    Tie it back over night under pressure then completely bleed it again with fresh fluid. The pressure should have dissolved any air bubbles into the fluid of which you will get rid of when you re bled.
    Works for me every time.
    This of course assumes all of your pistons in the calipers are moving freely etc
    Mp
    Hcw's , still going strong

As no has said, cable tie the lever back over night . The air will make its way back up the line . Also check your new disc aren't warped and there's no paint or crap behind them . I'm sure it's the function of the oil seal in the caliper that draws the piston back off the disc that fannies hair so you don't get excessive travel . Over night pressure may get the seal to settle in . Happy days man

east of holland 50feet from the german border

I've used both a ZRX, ZXR 750, a Yammy XJR, all dead easy to bleed,if the calipers are filled with brake fluid then its easier to let the air rise than to try to get it thru the bleed nipples, leave it overnight and tickle the lever, moving it a tiny amount, or flicking it slightly, this'll move the bubbles, you'll see them rising out of the hole ant the bottom of yer reservoir....

IF that doesnt work, along with what the other lads have advised, just dont use yer brakes......
    Birdie num num........

I Have a HEL master cylinder, billet and made in the UK. big fan

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Quote Originally Posted by Electric_Moccasins View Post
    big fan
    I thought of doing that too, but it looked a bit silly, So I put Nissins on...Look a lot less silly
    Birdie num num........