Thread: New member from Norfolk, building a track ZRX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New member from Norfolk, building a track ZRX

Hi All

newby from Norfolk, a couple of miles from snetterton.

I brought an insurance written off 2002 ZRX1200s last month (low-side tank and fairing damage) to turn into a track / race (if i can find a club class) monster.

Ive already stripped it down and decided what i will be keeping/getting rid of, hopefully i can build it up over the next 18 months, getting rid of as much weight as i can. lots of parts are already ordered from Japan and USA.

Interested to hear if anyone can recommend a quickshifter and a gearposition indicator that works well on the ZRX.

Thanks

Re: New member from Norfolk, building a track ZRX

Hi there.

Be interesting to see it evolve - start getting some pictures up

I had a Healtech gear indicator on mine, but I didn't have a very good experience with it. Apparently some people do ok with them, but even with the magnet set up close to the sensor on the inside of the brake rotor it just wouldn't work well.

Not sure if was my setup or if I had a dodgy one though

I had a gear indicator on mine when I bought it but got rid of it,I dont know the make but they are available.

keep us informed of your build,photos as well please.

Thanks Guys

Healtech come up when i do a quick google. For both a quickshifter and position indicator, however ive not used any of their products before.

once things start moving forward i will post lots of photos

thanks or the welcome

I should point out I had the original healtech version that's a bit flaky.

I think the latest healtech with the touch control operation is a bit better, but I've never tried it so can't say for certain.

There are also the dirt cheap China versions - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184372342...MAAOSwfkNfF8nW

They just use a magnet and hall sensors on the shift lever. Probably a bit hit and miss but maybe worth a go at that price.

Welcome good sir and i would of thought the best way for a quick shifter would be to install stick coils and get one of the interrupter type black boxes with the micro switch screwed into the gearchange rod.

Not a good explanation i know but the one on my RC8 breaks in between stick coils and their power sources with an adjustable duration but cant recall the make either sorry.

If you are building only for track days i would seriously consider fitting the 6 speed box out of a ZZR - plenty of info on here and most will be happy to advise
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

I have a gearbox from a GPZ1100e. (After reading that itís a direct fit from this forum ... thanks again)

I will look into the factory pro shift kit! Combined with a six speed that could be good

I have many parts on order now from the U.S. and from Japan. I will start a new thread when things come together and it turns into a build

Thanks for the advice on quickshifter a and gear position indicators, the healteck gear position has good reviews! I might try and find a Dynojet stand alone unit or have HM make me up a quickshifter thought, as Iím not sure I trust the healteck on that bad front .

A coil on plug conversion does sound mighty tasty ! I was planning on ditching the stock loom and going aftermarket anyway ... I will look into the possibilities of this

Thanks all for the ideas 💡