Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zrx1100 not starting

Re: Zrx1100 not starting

Quote Originally Posted by bombermike View Post
    All up and running was the coil pick up

Coil dick ups . Happened on my gpz9. I went through all the wires , changed carbs out , checked all the resistance in the igniter and then there was just the coil pick up . Really hard to check them . Easy to just try a spare set . That's the good thing about forums . There is a heap of knowledge out there , thanks to the gpz9 forum for bailing me out that time

east of holland 50feet from the german border

You have to be REALLY carefull welding and even soldering wires on any sort of stuff with electronics and/or sensitive circuitry. Even the potential leakage from a soldering iron tip is enough to fuck up some circuitry, believe me, I've been there. I prefer to use them sleeves that you just warm up with a fag lighter, safer than soldering with and electric one. Not saying the coil pickup was destroyed whilst welding, It can happen,..... but just a genuine tip for anyone reading.
    Birdie num num........

If you do have to weld on the bike disconnect every thing . Pull the connectors out the fuse box ,the coils , the igniter box and the battery . And put the return lead/ earth of the weld machine as close to the spot your welding

thanks all cant wait to ride it now just waiting on seat and petrol cap
    thanks again for all the help
    I've spent most of my money on alcohol, women and motorcycles............the rest of it I just wasted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234