Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda VFR 1200FD new wheels for me

Re: Honda VFR 1200FD new wheels for me

My Tomtom suggestion is once you have an idea of position and angle remove the easy to adjust hand grip.

Then just fit a M7 nut instead its not a common size (11mm spanner size) and so less likey to lose the Ram mount to theft,I dont leave the sat nav itself of course.

I had to buy a small set of nuts and bolts but they may come in handy for something else.

Oh in case you are wondering its fast to fast,stable,brakes well and the looks are growing on me.

I hope very much though to get my Rex back on the road.

Like the tank bag idea Johnny, might look into one of those myself, how does the mount fix to the tank ?
    And what exactly is wrong with your rex , I can swing a spanner mate if it helps.
    Mp
    Hcw's , still going strong

Cracker of a bike that

Only 'complaint' is with those big plain side fairings it could almost do with a decal or something to break it up, but that's just a minor personal opinion so take no notice of that

I know someone who has taken one and is turning it into a bit of a naked muscle bike. He was saying how strong the engine is and what a great weapon they are for touring.

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Like the tank bag idea Johnny, might look into one of those myself, how does the mount fix to the tank ?
    And what exactly is wrong with your rex , I can swing a spanner mate if it helps.
    Mp

Thank you for the offer its much appreciated.

The tank bag is mounted with a ring that goes over the petrol cap ring,its bike specific.

So you can use one bag on several different types of bike.

The honda tank isnt metal so none of my magneting bags will fit.

I have used that small bag several times now and its perfect.

I carried sun glasses,reading Glasses,Cap,face mask,hand gel.ratchdt to djust tomtom mount,phone and a few other bits.

I tucked the stap into the bag then when I left the bike to walk around,press the lever to release and everything you need is in the bag with you.

Sportsbike shop is excellent free returns and good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Cracker of a bike that

Only 'complaint' is with those big plain side fairings it could almost do with a decal or something to break it up, but that's just a minor personal opinion so take no notice of that

I know someone who has taken one and is turning it into a bit of a naked muscle bike. He was saying how strong the engine is and what a great weapon they are for touring.
    its fast and with ease,more protection from the elements as well,all the Honda luggage snaps on and off with no extra rails needed

I am now back to Johnny one bike,sad to see her go but now I can concentrate on keeping one bike on the road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12