Thread: Cerekote v powder coat

Cerekote v powder coat

Hi All, has anyone had any experience with cerekote? i am thinking of a strip down this winter and was going to powder coat the wheels and frame but have seen a few bike parts being done by cerekote and it looks good, problem is all the parts i have seen done have been engine casings and just wondered if it was any good on frames and wheels? thanks bob

Re: Cerekote v powder coat

Quote Originally Posted by bob259 View Post
    Hi All, has anyone had any experience with cerekote? i am thinking of a strip down this winter and was going to powder coat the wheels and frame but have seen a few bike parts being done by cerekote and it looks good, problem is all the parts i have seen done have been engine casings and just wondered if it was any good on frames and wheels? thanks bob
    They can coat all sorts,not just metals (apparantly), but it was primarily for exhausts, which improves heat dissapation. (seem to remember its even used on pistons!) I think the reason you'd go powder on wheels ect. is cost.

I have had some very good experiences with ceracoated finishes
    Not on my bikes but it has been a very high quality finish, colour fast and very durable
    I hadn't considered having bike parts ceracoated but I will definitely go with it for future it's reall good
    Atb
    Reecy

dont have the sump ceracoated as it can lead to a blown engine, just ask Wichard Powell as he learnt the hard way