Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zrx1100 mains?

zrx1100 mains?

hi all,since taking my carbs off to fix my cable holder problem,i removed the bowls to check the jets and replace them with new...now,i need to know what size mains i should have,as i dont know if this bike has been tampered with...its running a full Moriwaki system,with std airbox and k&n filter,i have taken off the snorkel and found the sponge ish element inside has all fell apart??...in the carbs the mains are 95s,with 35 pilots...or would it be easier for me to fit a dynojet kit or theres even a kit by sigma ??...can someone help please,,,

Re: zrx1100 mains?

For your exhaust and filter, I'd remove the snorkel completely, then fit DJ104 main jets.
    That will run fine with no other changes.
    You can buy individual main jets from PDQ in Slough.

cheers purge that is awesome,do the 104s come with the dj kit ??

No, it's expensive and only does Stage 3 (pods) or Stage 1 (K&N, end-can).
    The DJ needles provided in the kit could help slightly with your setup, but in my opinion, you'll be fine with only changing the main jets.

excellent,this is extremely helpful...many many thanks

ok,carbs now back on,had to fit 105 mains (ebc)..new pilots,new plugs,remove snorkel...fired it up,lovely....better response....time to test....crap...wont pull,slight stutter at midrange up...just dont feel right...maybe its time to take it to a rolling road,let them sort it....dyno in norfolk ?????,does anyone know if there is one,im near thetford,,,

Jet sizes are not the same between manufacturers as they all take a slightly different view on how it should be measured.

DJ 104 will not be the same a Keihin 104, or Mikuni 104.

There was a size comparison chart on here somewhere, but I can vouch for it's accuaracy.

Buy some DJ 104s as Purge suggetsed and it will run fine.
    TPB-Founder member HCW
    Champagne ideas on beer money

can i buy separate dj mains?

all sorted,phoned PDQ and they had stock.....carbs back off again...oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    For your exhaust and filter, I'd remove the snorkel completely, then fit DJ104 main jets.
    That will run fine with no other changes.
    You can buy individual main jets from PDQ in Slough.

Heh, reading this has saved me from hassling you again. (Thanks again for the ecu/diode pack info).
    My modified snorkle commited suicide a year or so back - it decided to leap off at 80+, took out the back tire, a big chunk of the plastic sarnie box, and very nearly me too.
    Moneys been tight, so the bikes been off the road since, but am back in the game now. Needless to say I haven't bothered with a replacement snorkle but Bike came to me with stage 1 (don't know whos, mind), standard pipes with two brothers can, and a modded snorkle. Took me a while to figure all this out.

Over time I swapped the headers out for a black widow 4/1, which was good vfm, and bought some zzr cams, this about 6 years ago, which I never grew the cojones to fit, till about three weeks ago. THAT op was a pleasent success - all I can say is OMFG.
    Have determined the bike is a little lean, however, so have been wanting to try bigger mains but not sure how big. Guessing from the above that DJ104 should be around the mark, though Ill be ordering K 108's, which I believe should equate to, and will only cost me 30 dollary-doos with postage. (any comment welcome, carbs being a black art and all).

Regarding the ecu, I had a go and found that green to black didin't work for me - had to be green/green. According to both zzr c and d manuals this is correct, so not sure about that, but my ECU was hand picked from my old bike (a 93c) as I waved it goodbye (long story for another time maybe). Yes, I know, zzrc has a 10.5 limiter, I'm not bothered, thats hard revving enough for me, for now, and I didnt double up on the springs, just want the curve so all good. Anyway, scotchblocked it in, sorted the wires, ran like a dog. Ok, just a test anyway, so off it came again. took the pulsar cover off and removed the zzrc + 4 advancer, went back to the factory pro one I'd taken off, and at that point noticed that the zzrc (CCDF) plate has a much wider location slot. Bike was bleeding all over the place so I put the case back on quick like, and with everything back to normal she was fine.

Follow up - did my research, sure enough the locating pin on the c is different (presumably bigger) than on the rex and d model zzr, so I got out my school protractor, and a ruler, and I reckon that the freeplay meant I was probably trying to run maybe +8 static advance. Doh! No wonder it was dog rough. However, armed with this info I going to have another go, and I reckon if I get it centered properly, I'll be in business. I have some diodes on order, everything takes forever in rural oz, but next time I'm a gonna hard wire some fly leads and put connectors on (hedge my bets). I'm a sparky by trade, our motto is 'it can only go bang once'

Meanwhile I will be running with just the new cams, and although I'm a couple hundred miles from the nearest dyno, can confirm that a Rex will out-run a Roo. Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment (or accept humble apologies for boring anyones tits off )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast