Thread: Multibike insurance

from plymouth but lives in chatham, kent.

Multibike insurance

Can somebody confirm for me how a multibike insurance policy works
    Is it
    Both bikes on one policy where the bike your riding is covered for fully comp and the bike
    Left in the garage is covered thirdparty only
    Or
    Two bikes, two policies, under the same insurance company
    Or is it something else that I can't understand
    here today gone tomorrow

Re: Multibike insurance

Quote Originally Posted by philc57 View Post
    Can somebody confirm for me how a multibike insurance policy works
    Is it
    Both bikes on one policy where the bike your riding is covered for fully comp and the bike
    Left in the garage is covered thirdparty only
    Or
    Two bikes, two policies, under the same insurance company
    Or is it something else that I can't understand
    Hi Phil

If its anything like Multi Car policies ( which I can't see why it wouldn't be) then both vehicles are covered for the same level of Insurance cover ie: Full comp and in most cases they're covered on the bases of a pre-agreed mileage usage. With regards to storage, that is something you declare when you take out the policy, but I suspect both vehicles have to be stored at the same address.

Carol Nash very confusing £180+ to add another bike to my existing policy that runs u out in Feb 2022
    Or on a new search £180+ for a whole year with Carol Nash
    I think maybe they misunderstood,me !!
    here today gone tomorrow

That is confusing. Have a chat with them and get some clarification. According to the mainstream media, new insurance premiums are going to be revised because of this shake up in the industry that existing customers can not long be charged more than new customers. Problem is still proving that insurance companies are following this new law.

I'm with Carole Nash - this is my 2nd year - was previously with E bike (for a decade or so) and they were great but think they were sold and now hopeless.....so I added the 2019 Yamaha T700 to the 2 bike policy (2016 XSR900 and 2003 ZRX1200R) all comprehensive - now a 3 bike policy.....keep up!.... and as Yam valued at £8k wasn't surprised that policy went up £200+ (im 57 living in North Kent, London weighted no doubt). Then I realised the starter motor had gone on the ZRX when I was going to take it to MOT test, looked at clocks and realised I'd done 7.5 miles in the year - 70 the previous year and thought I'm SORNing this for the 1st time since bought new in 2003. Cancelled the insurance for the ZRX 1 month into the policy - got £6.96 back! Think there's a £20 charge for an in-year change - so I was paying approx £30 for comp insurance on the ZRX - I don't think so.....money only seems to flow one way with insurance companies, anyway DVLC at least paid me back £80 on the RFL and my ZRX is now officially a garden ornament.....I dont think its fair that they charge you almost 3 times a single premium for 3 bike policy as you can only ride one at a time....

I managed ?258 for both bikes diavel and zrx with Carol Nash spent an hour on the phone
    With them and made sure all was OK
    When you break it down ?78 was last years fee on the zrx and ?180 was the quote for the diavel
    and I have two separate certificates
    To me that's not a multibike policy.
    here today gone tomorrow