Thread: What to do?

What to do?

Many years ago I had a black '02 ZRX1200S loved the bike and did some miles on it. The best being Perrugia to home in just over 18 hours (1206 miles). I had to do the trip in one hit after losing my passport on the motorway in Italy after forgetting to do up the tank bag following a fuel stop. Lost the bike a few years later as some inconsiderate person decided to help themselves to it. Missed the bike so several years on I bought my brothers '04 ZRX1200R (Silver). He had the bike from new but sold it to me when the bike was written off Cat D - a car reversed into it and knocked it off the side stand. Minor mark to generator case, bent handle bar and clutch lever plus a mark on the rear foot peg - all easily fixed. I had plans for the bike. My S had a full Akrapovic system and Ivan's jetting kit which helped release a few ponies. I got a Black Widow system to fit and a set of Yoshi cams to tweak the R - but never got round to fitting them, still sat in their boxes.
    I have now had the bike about 7 years and barely done a 1000 miles in that time (it has 12k on the clock). This year I had planned to go up to Scotland on the bike with friends - fitted new tires but events got in the way and didn't go.
    So I am torn do I sell or do I hold on to her...

Re: What to do?

hold on to it and get riding.

I would hold on to it as they are getting a bit pricey some years I barely do any miles on mine but still keep it
    red is so so cool

hold on to it I've garaged mine after getting another bike

Keep it
    Don't make the Rich Richer, it will only make the Poor Poorer!..

Fit the trick bits and keep it

Still 50/50 as to what to do. If I keep may as well tweak so what is involved in fitting a ZZR ignition? connections look different. Will such an ignition be a better match for the yoshi cams?

Quote Originally Posted by mj43 View Post
    Still 50/50 as to what to do. If I keep may as well tweak so what is involved in fitting a ZZR ignition? connections look different. Will such an ignition be a better match for the yoshi cams?
    Connections are different, there is a guy on ZRXOA who can make you up a loom adapter for the CDI which is a very professional plug and play job. If you use the ZZR cdi you should have doiuble valve springs though due to the higher rev ceiling though maybe you've already fitted those with Yoshi cams? I found the bottom and mid range was boosted quite a lot with the ZZR ignition, noticably more perky plus with another 1000rpm lets it rev out a bit without hitting the limiter.