Thread: Zrx1100 not starting

Zrx1100 not starting

Hi all I have a question
    Ok m in the middle of a overhaul and have removed the spyball alarm never had it on and I have had the bike 10y all the wires that was taped into have been reinsolated I also disconnected the battery as I mig welded 2tags on the bottom of the frame now have reconnected the battery and no spark? But there is power to both sides of the coil is this normal im at a loss of what could of happened
    I've spent most of my money on alcohol, women and motorcycles............the rest of it I just wasted

Re: Zrx1100 not starting

I think there should be 12v + at the coils if the engine kill switch is in run position , it is the 12v - that is switched via the pickup and through the igniter as the engine turns over to fire the coils .

Green wire from the igniter should feed the RHS coil.

Black wire from the igniter should feed the LHS coil.

What about side stand interlock or the switch on the clutch lever ?

K
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    I think there should be 12v + at the coils if the engine kill switch is in run position , it is the 12v - that is switched via the pickup and through the igniter as the engine turns over to fire the coils .

Green wire from the igniter should feed the RHS coil.

Black wire from the igniter should feed the LHS coil.

What about side stand interlock or the switch on the clutch lever ?

K
    Hi mate thanks I have not touched anything apart from the battery and the removal of the alarm I have tried leaver in and out stand up and down still nothing
    Could the welding of damaged the ecu or anything else even with the battery removed
    I've spent most of my money on alcohol, women and motorcycles............the rest of it I just wasted

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Quote Originally Posted by bombermike View Post
    Could the welding of damaged the ecu or anything else even with the battery removed
    I'm afraid so, happenend to me on a scooter once..........
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    I'm afraid so, happenend to me on a scooter once..........
    Oh well I will try a friends one and see what happens

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Quote Originally Posted by bombermike View Post
    Oh well I will try a friends one and see what happens
    Was just going to ask if you could swap it with one that you know that works, good luck.....
    Birdie num num........

Did you find the one (or maybe 2) bike loom wires that were cut when the alarm was installed in line?
    These in-line alarm wires allow the alarm to immobilise the ignition via the fuse box or ECU.

Once the these alarm wires are removed, the existing bike loom wires that were originally cut, need to be re-soldered back together.

I doubt that the ECU has been damaged by welding....but anything is possible!

Hi Purge thanks for the info i have tried a friends ecu and the bike didn't start so i am using my mates zrx1100 and going to have a compare how the wires are between the bikes so that i can get sorted once and for all