Thread: Power commander for my Z900rs cafe.

Power commander for my Z900rs cafe.

Hi, has anyone used a power commander here, what are your experiences with them ?
    My Z900rs has the annoying throttle snatch they all seem to suffer with.
    I wondered if lashing out 150 to get one would really fix it.

Re: Power commander for my Z900rs cafe.

Dont know if a PC would rectify the snatchy throttle , they are mainly used to get the best out of other mods that have been done like intake / exhaust enhancements.

You download "maps" in line with what changes you have made to the machine so unless there is a "map" specifically written to address the throttle response problem i would say it wouldn`t be viable.

I have been pricing them recently and they are almost 400 ,new, so if you can get one for 150 then i will have one as well.

Kenny
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

I spotted them on YouTube as a possible fix, but I have my reservations, hence this post.
    Thanks for your reply, perhaps the product I saw was a cut down version of a proper PC.

I fitted a PC V to my VFR800 VTEC, and put the closest map in it from the Dynojet website to my exhaust and intake set up.
    Disconnected the exhaust O2 sensors and fitted the PC V resistor plugs which came with the kit.
    Added a bit more fuel to the map at low rev pickup and also at 4K revs (can be tweaked in the PC V via USB to the PC V software on your PC).

Low rev and pick up snatchiness and power dip at 4K have now completely gone.

It feels good throughout the rev range, plugs are the correct colour, but will get BSD to do a dyno set up to optimise it.

They are a lot of money, but just wanted to confirm that they do work.
    Especially useful on the VFR800 VTEC where the ECU cannot be easily re-programmed by a tuner directly.

I'd guess your 900RS can have its ECU re-mapped directly (my ZZR1400 can), so if that's the case, I'd recommend you spend the money on a tuner with dyno to set it up.
    I've used BSD near Peterborough most recently on 3 of my bikes, so can recommend them.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your advice.
    I must be getting senile, the kit I was looking at was a power plug to fool the air intake temperature sensor. Not a PC after all, anyone tried one?
    I just want to get the carb bike smoothness l have with the REX.

Ah....

Ah indeed, a very fuel injection specific device, as anyone used them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Isk View Post
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate your advice.
    I must be getting senile, the kit I was looking at was a power plug to fool the air intake temperature sensor. Not a PC after all, anyone tried one?
    I just want to get the carb bike smoothness l have with the REX.
    they get fitted a lot to the 650 vulcan as that suffers from snatchy throttle at low revs, it doesnt cure the problem but does make it a lot better