Thread: Rex Brake Upgrade

Rex Brake Upgrade

Hi All hope everyone is ok.

I'm looking to upgrade my brakes on my 2001 Zrx1200r to Brembo Calipers, Master Cylinder and new braided lines etc.

Any advice on where to buy Calipers etc or anyone on here have any for sale?

Cheers 🍻

Re: Rex Brake Upgrade

Does this have to be brembo?

IIRC there are no bolt on brembos, therefore adapters are needed. That said any potential advantage over bolt on calipers that brembos may have is lost. I did upgraded to 4 piston and I am very happy with it.

If you are insisting on brembos, see webike for options...

https://japan.webike.net/KAWASAKI/ZR...t/474/1019/mc/

Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 1st February 2021 at 09:09 PM.

Sorry but I just don't see the "need" for improved braking. I totally understand if somebody "wants" to change, that's different.
    I've owned my 1100R for 16 years, and providing the standard 6-pots are cleaned and serviced on a regular basis then they are perfect and more than adequate.
    Now don't shoot me down, but let's face it, owners just can't be arsed to do that. The nearest most calipers get any attention is just a change of pads.
    I get that some 4-pots can perform better, and also stand up well to not being serviced and looked after, but for me I'd rather get involved a bit more and look after what you've got.
    ZRX1100, H2C 750, GSXR750F, VF500F2F, VF1000RG

Good points but 20 year old calipers will need more than just cleaning eventually. In my case pistons were marginal. I could replace them and keep on trucking but would cost tons of money - ole 6 pots are supper expensive to maintain.
    I got my used but dandy Nissin 4 pot calipers, oem seal kit and aftermarket stainless hardware for about the same as just 6 pot seal kit from Kawasaki.
    I have modern 6 pots on my big H bike and they are amazing, ole Tokicos not so much...

Interestingly Nissin 4 pots are still being manufactured and offered

http://nissinbrakeperformance.com/mo...brake-caliper/

Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 1st March 2021 at 11:23 AM.

good 6-pots are ok... but a set of modern radial calipers combinesd with a good master is really a different feeling alltogether

most brembo's that you find secondhand will be 100mm, so the trick is to find 100mm adapters, there was a taiwanese seller on ebay that made them, can also be found under zx7r or hayabusa (1st gen) sometimes, same mounting on the forks.
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Yep, another fact. I remember first ride after doing gixer fork swap, hard to overstate difference radial calipers and master provide.

Nissin 4 pots, EBC disks, Brembo radial m/c, HEL lines and Brembo SC (or EBC HH) pads work very well.
    Used that combo when I used to do track days.

An OEM radial m/c would also work well, something off a ZZR1400, or if you want built in reservoirs, from a GTR1400.

Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Nissin 4 pots, EBC disks, Brembo radial m/c, HEL lines and Brembo SC (or EBC HH) pads work very well.
    Used that combo when I used to do track days.

An OEM radial m/c would also work well, something off a ZZR1400, or if you want built in reservoirs, from a GTR1400.
    I use radial M/C from GTR1400, Nissin four pots, EBC discs, EBC HH pads and HEL lines.
    Hauls mine up.
    TPB-Founder member HCW
    Champagne ideas on beer money