Thread: Honda VFR 1200FD new wheels for me

Honda VFR 1200FD new wheels for me

I bought this a few weeks ago as the Kliktronic on my Rex is playing up again,its not the best time to sort it out (it never fecking is).

This way I have less pressure knowing I have a bike to ride,it has the DCT gearbox so I can ride it.

I got it at a very good price,the owner rode it to me where it hit 40,000 miles as he arrived.

It was serviced in November has had the valves checked,the prop shaft recall and a full service history.

The owner photographed and described every little scratch before he arrived as I did when I sold my Rex one.

It comes with full colour matched luggage panniers and top box all on one key they cost a small fortune.

Honda superb heated grips,a power socket,perfect screen no buffeting.

It had his personnel number plate which I have given back to him DVLA where quick in returning the V5.

Bemoto where unbelievable they shadowed my Rex NCD so its insured on a separate policy to the Rex for 240 its the secound highest insurance group so that's a great price.

I checked her over,dried out the indicator lens on the mirror,fitted a sat nav mount,fitted a givi tank bag mount and removed the old tax disc to make her lighter.

I also reset the DCT after finding out it can be done,its supposed to make it change gear better and less snatch,though I havent ridden since then

That's all I have had to do.

For the first time in decades I am staying on the road in winter,if its sunny and dry just knowing I can go out will make me feel better.

how to make screen shot
    Last edited by johnnyrep; 16th November 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Re: Honda VFR 1200FD new wheels for me

I laid some paving slabs outside my shed my neighbour gave me.
    It gives me room to move the bikes around and in the summer I will probably leave one bike their as its crowded in my shed now.

great looking bike! I sampled the DCT on an africa twin and have to say it works really well.

how does it ride compared to the rex?
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Its as fast as hell and does it effortless,its been to wet to push the handling but it feels stable.

even with raised bars its a bit of a sporty position.

Its got Dunlops on and I prefer BT023s

Nice new toy mate. You can't fault the reliability and build quality of Honda's. I've heard from others that the finish on these VFR1200 is superb.

Well done Johnny and hope you have many safe miles on this new girl.

TRAITOR
    But serious John, ENJOY
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Very nice, you deserve a treat now and then.