Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starter Chain Tensioner Feedback pls

Re: Starter Chain Tensioner Feedback pls

I made my own for the GPZ1000 , which is exactly the same as the ZRX item. Another weak point of the standard item is the point where the rod goes through at the very bottom of the tensioner , mine had a hairline crack and if i had made something similar to yours it would have put even more pressure on that specific area with potentially disastrous consequences which was the reason i went with the alloy block and screw adjuster pushing onto the bottom of the tensioner blade.

If you are going to be selling them then make sure you ask any perspective customers to check their original tensioners prior to fitting the sleeve and heavier spring.

There used to be a pic of my damaged tensioner kicking about on here but i think with Photobucket going tits up it will have disappeared.

K
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

The solutions I have seen or fitted all remove the piece that Kendo is referring to, which I believe is the weak point.
    So although I like your innovation I'd be warery that your still leaving a weak point in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3k851 View Post
    The spring is about 1mm from fully extended when installed so it's not placing any major pressure on the chain and it's about 11mm long fully compressed which gives a perfect limitation for movement of the tensioner keeping it clear from the basket

Attachment 22317
    Looks good Patrick. Hopefully will hold up well.
    Polish onslaught

...you can lead a horse to water, but you canít make it drink...

Thanks for your comments gents, I'll be checking the wear on the bottom part periodically. I wasn't planing on selling it, just wanted to share a cheap option with anyone coming here to look for one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123