Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Year refurbishment

20 Year refurbishment

Well the time has come and she is all stripped down. Frame has had all the crap welding redone and at powder coaters as I type. Engine is in one lump on a stand . Going to do the valves next, new steering head bearings, seals all round , brake calipers split and any ting else I find. Getting the engine out is a pain , I had a plan and it very nearly worked . I have a stand made that attaches into top rear engine mounts that keep the bike solid in vertical position on both wheels . Remove the rear engine bolt before fitting the stand. Removed all body work front and rear and radiator. Put a trolley with packers under engine , removed remaining engine mounts and down tube. Does the engine with carbs and air box just easily swing out ? No basket case. Carbs slide off no probs and air box to. The rocker cover fouls on the top right engine mount. Should have had more ground clearance and engine must weight 70plus kilo. Any way got the wife to roll her sleeves up and her extra muscle we tipped the engine back a touch and out the engine comes. So plan now is to only offer the frame up to the engine (with carbs and air box)on the ground instead of humping the engine round with no other parts

Re: 20 Year refurbishment

More to follow any questions or parts info please ask valves n bearings next

I feel your pain,did mine 2014 i think but putting it back together took longer as i kept adding , jmc arm,akra stage carbs to match the expectant pods etc etc.Dont forget to glue lock the bolts on the frame downtube once engines back in
    mt space.......

Forgot to say the wiring harness stayed on the frame when the engine was taken out . Just took the rocker cover of and the pitting on inlet lobes 1&2 has got worse since last valve check I will be posting random photos so hope they help .cheers for the heads up Baz, not planing on adding any jewellery but new cams?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast