Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help..please

Re: Help..please

So the fuel line arrived this morning. After half an hour of faff I gave up with trying to fit with everything in situ. So airbox rubbers removed ,coolant hoses removed,clamps undone,choke cable removed and slide to the bank of carbs to the right.
    Fuel line fitted and carbs,pipes and cables back where they should be. Now if only I had marked the rubbers up so I know which went were ...But for now they have been washed and sit waiting to be fitted.
    Still it was 2 hours well spent and Im happy with the job...so far.
    Last time I did this job was nearly 18 years ago,when she was new and I have to say that the rubbers remain soft and flexible,unlike the ones on my old GPZ1100..ELR version and inspiration for buying the bike for my 40th birthday.
    Tomorrow's another day.

Congrats. Sometimes fiddling take more time plus unforeseen consequences like breaking plastic T. While you at and feeling capable I would recommend changing petcock orings regardless of condition. Just for cheap insurance.
    To late for you perhaps but if anybody else goes that far at least remove carb bowls, clean them and little goodies inside, I know, bowl gaskets are ‘spensive...
    Polish onslaught

Just to say what a b'stard of a job putting the carb rubbers,and springs back on the bike is. My hands are sore and scabbed up..IF there's a need to do something to the carbs in the future Im either paying some to do it or fitting individual pods and new jets...

Quote Originally Posted by nikroc View Post
    Just to say what a b'stard of a job putting the carb rubbers,and springs back on the bike is. My hands are sore and scabbed up..IF there's a need to do something to the carbs in the future Im either paying some to do it or fitting individual pods and new jets...
    It's not that bad if using heat gun to make rubber really soft and hose tool to work boots over the carbs.

See the post 6 and 7 on my thread page here:

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...sh-Tools/page2
    Polish onslaught

The boots were soft and flexible but I still used a hairdryer to soften them up .physically getting them in place ,fitting them from the rear of the bike to the front wasnt in itself difficult,just The size of my hands and physical space available inside the airbox itself.
    Still its done now.

This is my method for fitting the carbs and airbox rubbers, undo the cable ties and the rubbers drop back onto the carbs. Then its just a matter of re fitting the springs, which remains a fiddle.
    20200329_130631.jpg

Looks interesting. Will try that next time...
    Polish onslaught

Like the lads said,cost me £9 delivered,its 10mm bore at tap n 8mm into carbs. I put an inline filter on mine that i could strip n clean as n when.
    mt space.......

Whilst the bikes been sat I ran some fuel system cleaner through it,over time. When I started this job I filled the carbs directly with more fuel system cleaner.
    After spending some time getting the throttle cables sorted(return cable rusted/stuck and eventually had to be cut off) I put new petrol in and pressed the go button.
    She spluttered and banged,ran on alternating cylinders for a minute or so then caught all four consistently and after the exhaust crap cloud cleared she purrs ...again.
    Happy Dayz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123