Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nose cone

Re: Nose cone

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    It’s Czech actually but read web reviews for the company. I see positive reviews and more than 10 years back too. Sounds like no brainer given OEM stuff availability in yer land.
    Anyhow if gpr is not strong enough for you Baz select Kevlar option, for little more money - that stuff stops bullits. Now when I think about it, nature of material is different than OEM and has to be understood maybe that’s why is not working for everybody. GPR will be rigid, needs to be mounted correctly yet ZRX fairing is tiny compared to full body kit.

Link is for front fairing, no pic though. I would contact them directly and inquire... link for you in the ugly bike thread was for rear fairing.
    Says on the link seat fairing but if you read it differently all well n good.Czech aint polish and was not commenting on any anything to do with your post except for the link u put up.I looked it up being a rexhead thought bargain then noticed at the bottom item detail ,seat fairing,.Simples
    mt space.......

I purchased a polish cowl in 09 it fell apart with normal use in 8 weeks was not a good quality from ebay for 89,but the ebay ones from poland on there now are not the same and are a better quality.
    mt space.......

Quote Originally Posted by z1baz View Post
    Says on the link seat fairing but if you read it differently all well n good.Czech aint polish and was not commenting on any anything to do with your post except for the link u put up.I looked it up being a rexhead thought bargain then noticed at the bottom item detail ,seat fairing,.Simples
    Good deal. Still recommend contacting manufacturer for details if someone wants this.

By any chance Baz did you do review of the eBay fairing you bought? The one that failed? Do you have link?
    Polish onslaught

Thanks for suggestions am now thinking plastic welding may be the thing to do, its two pretty clean breaks the basic shape is all there. Steering dampers are now on my mind!

Sorry to hear you seem to have damaged your nose cone.
    If you go down the damper route I have just fitted a Hyperpro and in general I love it but be aware left hand lock is slightly restricted.
    Cheers
    Ian

Mmm I was thinking about the hyperpro bracket, believe certain years of gsxr1000 dampers would be a cheap solution to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Mmm I was thinking about the hyperpro bracket, believe certain years of gsxr1000 dampers would be a cheap solution to go with it.
    I've installed a Greg Couch steering damper bracket kit on my bike and I can highly recommended it.

Here's a link so you can judge for yourself.

http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...r-bracket-kits.

Chris
    I have a GSX damper that I am not going to use now so if it helps give me a shout and we can sort something out.
    Cheers
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'ZRX View Post
    Thanks for suggestions am now thinking plastic welding may be the thing to do, its two pretty clean breaks the basic shape is all there. Steering dampers are now on my mind!
    Not sure what plastic welding entails but saw a new bonding product on ebay that looks really easy to use. Look it up, watch the video and see what you think. It's called Bondic. : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12