Thread: ZZR1100D Cdi mounting points?

ZZR1100D Cdi mounting points?

Just wondering where chaps who've fitted the ZZR1100D ignition box to a ZRX mounted them? It seems to align perfectly with the tool tray mounting holes but I don't think there's enough space to mount it behind it where the original CDI would have gone. Would prefer to keep the tool tray as its very useful. My bike has had the CDI mounted to the top of the tool box due to having a tail tidy previously (now gone) but it seems to me the ZZR box is too long to slot on top without interfering with all the other wiring stuff further back. Any suggestions where to stick it?

Re: ZZR1100D Cdi mounting points?

I think I may just cut into the lower stepped part of the tool tray so it uses the same mounting holes and sits inside it

I just fitted mine to the toolbox holes and took the toolbox out.

I was thinking of doing that but I find the toolbox pretty useful for various bits like spare bulbs tools cable etc as it keeps it all together neat. I don't think the lower bit beneath the stepped bit at front really holds much so I might just get the CDI to sit beneath it and cut out the back.