Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Intro

My Intro

Great to discover that it was possible to register! (Iíve been checking sporadically for some weeks.) So this is my introduction.
    I bought an í02 ZRX1200S from a lovely bloke in Scotland back in June; I was shocked to discover Iím itís eleventh owner, all I can say is that ten other people cherished it before me.
    Iíd had a parallel import S new back in about 2003, which I loved but I was told the camshafts were on the way out, which led to the purchase of an í04 ZX12R. Still have the ZX (and never intend to let it go) but itís been off the road with a blown fork seal and other problems and I decided to buy another ZRX, and Iím so glad I did. Havenít enjoyed myself so much for ages.
    MrsG and I are planning a trip down through France and into Spain in the spring, sheís very comfy on the back.
    I hope the forum thrives. I agree with the comment that the bike is becoming trendy and is starting to gain value (at least the R is), so letís hope so.

Re: My Intro

welcome to the nut house

Hi there.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    I hope the forum thrives. I agree with the comment that the bike is becoming trendy and is starting to gain value (at least the R is), so let’s hope so.
    As some other threads might point out, the forum is pretty quiet these days, probably due to an aging and uncommon bike and forum's becoming quiet in general with social media (and a few other factors I wont go into) - but don't let this put you off, tons of old info on here and with new blood it could well pick up again

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Hi there.

As some other threads might point out, the forum is pretty quiet these days, probably due to an aging and uncommon bike and forum's becoming quiet in general with social media (and a few other factors I wont go into) - but don't let this put you off, tons of old info on here and with new blood it could well pick up again
    Well said by Noggin.
    There are still some of us active members about here in the U.K and we try to meet up from time to time which hopefully will keep this place more alive than some other forums !
    Cheers
    Ian

Nice intro. Jump on that ZX project, with time and patience you can bring it up. Took me about a year to restomod my Rex - working on and off.

Forks are not that bad to do. Lots of info here

Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 25th October 2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Polish onslaught

Thanks very much for your welcome comments, folks.

Count me in on a meet or ride-out if it happens in Wales!

Is it alright to talk about what I’ve been doing to the bike here? (Happy to be put right about forum etiquette).

It came with a lot of glitzy gold addenda which wasn’t to my taste, so I’ve been sort-of re-standardising it. The last gold bits were the sprocket nuts (call me obsessive) and eBay has just provided some natural titanium items for less than twelve quid (seller: Prestbury Fasteners). I know, stainless would have been fine.

Then I fell for some DAEG-style indicators from China, advertised as LED. As you’ve guessed, they were no good, but only because the fitting, which is OEM style, only suits later models like the Z800 etc. And they were bulbs, not LED. Otherwise they were fine, even had the right connectors. Hopefully this info could be useful, if not already known.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Nice intro. Jump on that ZX project, with time and patience you can bring it up. Took me about a year to restomod my Rex - working on and off.

Forks are not that bad to do. Lots of info here

Thanks WJ-Polish Guy, Forks now out, disassembly next.

Good deal!
    Here is a link to one of my bikes with smarty (cheap ) fork tools I contacted... eee that would be concocted dear gogle spell checker ... Hate to spend big bucks for one time use special tools if I do not have too...

http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/show...American/page7

Also a link to Other Bikes forum where you can start a build thread for your ZX...
    Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 26th October 2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Polish onslaught

Hi David, welcome to the OC

welcome!
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast