Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this place still get some action?

Does this place still get some action?

G'day folks! Don't be fooled by the username, you might remember old Srednas and his younger bro Daveisamazing from many years ago who were pros at breaking a perfectly good ZRX? Well, I'm the third younger brother who has finally given in to the rex flowing through his bloodline. The website here says I'm unable to register a new account so I thought I'd hijack old Srednas here since he's no longer on 2 wheels (more into his landrovers nowadays!).

Now for the intro. The name is Mike and I recently bought myself a 1998 zrx1100 in red. The old girl is sporting K&Ns, a Mivi can with a lack of baffles along with 16,000 on the clocks. A little rough around the edges and not without its problems, but it's a Rex nevertheless (I'll add some photos up when I figure out how!). Currently down in London, the bike doesn't get much opportunity to stretch its legs other than a short commute, but once I've weedled out a few of the issues I plan on a few more grand adventures outside of the big smoke!

Does this forum still get much traffic nowadays or am I a little too late to the party? I heard back in the day it was flowing with conversation of motorcycle wizardry.

Re: Does this place still get some action?

Hi Mike.
    Nowhere near as much happening as even 12 months back, a lot of regulars stopped coming on earlier this year mainly due to a couple of ppl.( I do NOT mean Nige )
    Not allowed to name cos I'll get banned.
    Last edited by ROCKPILE; 10th October 2019 at 03:47 PM.
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

I see. What a shame! I heard great things about the people in this place! (I knew I should have jumped on the ZRX band wagon sooner!)

Iím still here in the background

Welcome home Johnny
    Hope you had a good journey.
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Yes thank you.

Hi Mike, I was an old regular here but lost my account and had to make a new one. Old user name was REXER.
    There doesn't seem to be much happening at all here now. No idea what the kerfuffle was around a year ago mentioned by ROCKPILE.
    The ZRX is a great bike, it's sad to see the forum so quiet.
    I guess there are a lot that pop in now and then but don't post much for whatever reason so if you have any questions I'm sure they will get answered but it might take a while.

Not much happens on here, it's mainly on social media now. It's mainly the 'old guard' of long standing members on here.
    There has been assorted stuff going on in the last few years and often new members are made to feel unwelcome. (With that said many new members just join to post up a single for sale ad)..
    Also due to lots of spamming, sign up to new members has been disabled.
    There are lots of new Rex owners out there, who'd like to join. I've given up telling them they should join.
    Pity really because this place was fab once upon a time.
    Life is hard - and then you die...

welcome!

I pop in occaisionally but it's been quiet
    ships get called 'she'
    I bet torpedoes don't

Yeah I'm 'relatively' new to ZRX's myself and got on a couple of years ago, the forum was mildly busy when I joined but I drop in to see if any new posts and it's pretty quiet these days.

Ton's of useful advice in the technical section from years and years of Rex abuse though

I guess also the Rex is also a rare bike these days, so not many of us left with them anyway, so the forum is always going to be quiet anyway, but I think as above, social media is killing forums a bit.

I've also got a Tracer 9 and you'd think that forum would be fine with MT09/Tracers being a fairly recent bike, but that hardly see's any action these days too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast