Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does this place still get some action?

Re: Does this place still get some action?

Quote Originally Posted by PALESAINT View Post
    Kev is right but that is only part of the story.

Nige was very willing to help out, but he was also capable of winding people up - he'd be the first to admit it - and there were factions on here before Polish turned up. That can piss off admin / mods.

I had a run in with Polish very early doors, but I stuck him on ignore and left it at that. He might have done the same for me, I dunno. Unfortunately, some people rose to the bait which didn't leave mods much choice. I read some anti Pole stuff which was borderline racist and ignored an important chunk of our shared history. Given admin / mods can basically do what they like - they've never claimed the OC was a democracy - I'd say they could have handled this differently, I would have done, but you can not ignore the whole story.

There are loads of other things as well. People aren't using forums like they used to, you have social media etc. Plus the ZRX itself is of a certain age - maybe ownership has dropped and the bike isn't yet a stone cold classic. So there are a number of factors in play, I reckon.
    Fairly reasonable account, however there was a lot of PMs going to all parties before the big stick came out which doesn't go out on the board so understandable if that is how it's comes across.
    Add to the fact that Admin is thin on the ground and then action taken is usually short and sweet.
    Anyone who posts personal attacks will be dealt with swiftly and with little sympathy, the site is for members to get the most out of not to be keyboard warriors.

Team Fat Bastard
    RBLR1000 Iron Butt UK Member 2012
    I'm not a complete idiot.............................some bits are missing

Were you a bully at school???
    See you found the missing bits
    Don't bother I've left
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Admin is well and truly thin on the ground with lots of personal shit going on; I just wish I was thin round the waist to match.

But the Admin team is still totally supportive of each other.

If another member pisses you off, block them and you won't need to see their posts. Easy.

As to the OP's points, PALESAINT pretty much nails it and I do think we will come back when the ZRX becomes the classic it should be in the eyes of the masses.

In the meantime, there are other groups on Facebook, for instance, including one called the ZRXOC which has nothing to do with the Admin team on here. Facebook tends to do that, being all things to all men including letting them have stupid Snatchchat filtered selfies if that's your thing.

Many are on there a lot already; you need to make a conscious decision to navigate here.

Phoenix is having a short break - as has happened before - and will be welcomed back in due course - as before.

Captain Blue :: "Whitey is not the Messiah: he's a very naughty boy!"
    Admin ZRX Owners Club :: Team Phat Bastid (Ex-Fireblade Splinter Group) ::
    ZRX1200R.com :: Captain-Blue.com :: trackdayhero.com :: You Fucking Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKPILE View Post
    Were you a bully at school???
    See you found the missing bits
    Don't bother I've left
    At least now you'll have the time to look up the definition of bullying, maybe try irony too

Team Fat Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by yox View Post
    At least now you'll have the time to look up the definition of bullying, maybe try irony too

is the idea to drive us all away?

whatever the plan is its destructive.

my teacher used to stand over me with a cane,my life was not comfortable in those days I feared even my innocent actions.

we have someone standing over us with a ban,it definitely feels like any kind of free speech is not possible.

Free speech without the insults is, and has always been entirely possible.

Team Fat Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    my teacher used to stand over me with a cane,my life was not comfortable in those days I feared even my innocent actions.

we have someone standing over us with a ban,it definitely feels like any kind of free speech is not possible.
    And also to point out that should apply to every member equally, and yet your request for one member to not comment on your threads was accommodated and that member has adhered to that.
    Hence the irony comment.

Team Fat Bastard

Ah, I think I see the issues

What did I miss?

Can't believe this silliness is still going on. Perhaps being far removed from your reality and culture makes me less susseptive to the latent sensitivities. Sorry for that.

Anyhow, still hot as mother but looking to the relaxing weekend. Lets ride!

Polish onslaught

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234