Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap tyres,oil,flat earth I wonít argue with you about it.

Cheap tyres,oil,flat earth I wonít argue with you about it.

I saw the damage today on a Duke monster after these Maxxis tyres de laminated,I was getting new tyres fitted myself.
    I had these tyres fitted to my Rex when I bought it,not by me.
    Talk about false economy they wore in no time and felt unstable.

like I said I wonít argue about it,if you value your life just donít.

Re: Cheap tyres,oil,flat earth I wonít argue with you about it.

I think Michelin had a similar problem with Pilot Powers a few years ago recalling a lot of bikes fitted with them after this happened, putting it down to a bad batch. Looks nasty did the guy come off or did it just take his mudguard out?

It smashed up the mudguard and some other bits,I think he was lucky.
    my place won’t sell them.

It happens sometimes, I have seen Michelin, Dunlops and others lose chunks of tread like that. We cant not buy them all.
    It is sometimes a batch fault but then there are then more examples, single faults are often the result of previous damage like hitting a bad pothole or kerb or similar.

Is the tyre completely worn out anyway?
    Thing is with cheap tyres like Maxxis - when you can buy the "old" version of a premium brand for near the same price of cheapos, say tyres like Metz Z6, PR3, BT021 & 023, Angels etc & ive just bought a pair Avon 3D-XM for £149 delivered - why would you pay a similar amount for a "cheap" brand?

There was a time when Maxxis were getting some good reviews in the press so I went for it, can't remember what bike it was on at the time but I think either my old ZZR600, anyway I had them split on me, nothing like as bad in the pictures here though, or else I spotted and stopped before it got that bad.

But never went there again, I found Continental a really good value tyre for the high-mileage commute I used to do.

I have used everything including some Maxxis and with the exception of some Dunlops and Pirelli's which wore oddly, not really seen any major personal issues with any of 'em.
    It does seem to be the case that the "old" versions of what do we call 'em - branded tyres ? as referred to are made in China, Indonesia, Turkey and the like anyway. I just checked the Michi's on one of my bikes and I have one from Spain and one from Indonesia - whats that all about ?
    I know all of em have had their issues in the past and that delaminations outside of a mass recall like there was with Michelin around 2007/8 are usually caused by unseen road damage overheating the tyre. I check my tyres regularly and check pressures regularly too, maybe that's why I have seen no problems ?
    All those chunks of tyres you see on the motorways are the result of delaminations on cars and trucks - it affects all brands, but more often than not, is caused from unseen damage and subsequent overheating not manufacturing issues. Ever heard a truck tyre blow by the way - its bloody loud

Had Maxxis on my 'busa with no probs
    had them on my Rex for 4 years with no probs - check my tyre pressures regularly and wheel alignment and never ride on very worn tyres.- like the one in the pics
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Flat earth?

Iv'e been using maxxis for years and never had a problem with them!
    Loud pipes save lives!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast