Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YSS Shock Absorbers

YSS Shock Absorbers

Ive been thinking of upgrading my current OEM shocks which work fine just a little cosmetically challenged. Anyone had any experience with the above and are they worth the money? Regards nick zephyr

Re: YSS Shock Absorbers

Had YSS on my rex for2 years now - not too many miles - but very happy with the ride quality and finish of them. Easy to set up too. ( I just set everything on middle settings then did the same 20 mile stretch of road a few times and altered one setting at a time. Still looking good and performing well.
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Thanks for this the ones I'd seen didn't have the piggy back. Good to find out there is the correct looking variant
    Many thanks
    Regards
    Nick

Their lower end range of YSS shocks are the best on the market IMHO.
    Life is hard - and then you die...

Thabks

Quote Originally Posted by nickzephyr View Post
    Ive been thinking of upgrading my current OEM shocks which work fine just a little cosmetically challenged. Anyone had any experience with the above and are they worth the money? Regards nick zephyr
    If yours work fine I'd service them, get the springs powdercoated and the colors re plated.
    Probably cost less than new lower end shocks and suit the look of the bike better.

Piggy back ones are excellent ! i ran the non adjustable Íhlins before, compared to the YSS these were crappy.
    I guess this is due to the adjustability. Manufacturing quality seems on par to me also. Looks wise, i prefer them too, but my Rex is black..; )
    cheers, D

I ran the entry level 169 quid models for a while. I never saw any issues with 'em at all. For a budget shock, they are pretty decent quality

Winter job it is then. Bike has been off the road 6 weeks got it back now off road for throttle cable issue so part of winter works it is the list is getting longer! Thanks for your reply regards nick zephyr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast