Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carburetors restriction top mixing chambers

Re: carburetors restriction top mixing chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Yes they were and yes he does.
    European Rexes could be restricted in other ways, that said, I've never seen different carb tops on any Rex.
    Yep, the Jap home market ZRX1100s were speed restricted through a sensor in the speedo with a signal going to a Jap-spec ECU.
    Just needed a UK or US ZRX ECU to derestrict it. The carbs were unrestricted as standard, with flat tops.

The early UK spec ZZR1100s did have carb restrictors, stopping the slide from fully opening. These carbs had the shallow top caps with the bump in the middle. As said above, 'flat-top' ZXR750 or later ZZR caps de-restricted the carbs.

A few countries did have 100PS restrictions (France, maybe Germany?), but don't know how the ZRXs were restricted if at all. Some bikes just had big washers tack welded into the exhaust headers, again not sure if ZRXs ever had this.

In answer to the OP (if anyone is bored enough to get this far), choose a UK, US or Jap set of ZRX1200 carbs to make sure they'll be unrestricted.

I got the carbs and they do have protusions above the slides which restrict the maximum height of the slides

But i don't know how to attache pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Vict1 View Post
    I got the carbs and they do have protusions above the slides which restrict the maximum height of the slides

But i don't know how to attache pictures
    Go to imgbox and click upload. Once uploaded, copy the link and paste it here. Easy
    Polish onslaught

As Purge said, ZZRs from the 1997 D5 model were unrestricted from the factory.
    Would a 1100 be restricted anyway? In standard form, they done have enough power to require restricting do they, at around 95rwbhp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12