Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zrx1200r metmachex swingarm etc

Re: zrx1200r metmachex swingarm etc

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Gary - my bike is an A2 model - 2002. Originally the side panels were graphite but I had them painted green when I had the tank redone (first time).

At the moment it has carbon side panels fitted tho There is no choice about running pod filters with the Ohlins unit sitting where the airbox formerly resided. If you have generic pods and not genuine K&N filters though - chuck 'em in the bin. K&N are far better. That was the first change I made and the bike was lots happier. Mine also has a stage 3 dynojet and a 4 degree ignition advancer plus a few more tweaks. I have a dyno sheet saying just over 141 horsies. TBH I dont know if that is good or bad - but it does go like stink

I also had a custom battery box made with a lithium battery inside, instead of the stock lead acid battery sitting on the rear engine bolt like it did when I got the bike

I have no problems at all with it running or idling. I rode it last year on the motorways in the equivalent of a tropical rainstorm and it never missed a beat then either. I do try to avoid rain most times, but on that occasion it had to be done to get to the ferry
    Hi, there proper K&N filters it sounds like itís running on 3 but it ainít bike ticks over fine , filled her up with clean fuel yesterday quick blastbup the road I soon see 3 figures but it just donít sound right? Itís not crisp when itís in neutral and you just blip the throttle

It could be many things, but I'd doubt its the K&N's of themselves. If a bike has been stood for a period of time then shit fuel/blocked jets are very common.

System cleaner, fresh fuel and a carb/strip rebuild followed by a check on jetting would be a good start. At least its easy to get the carbs on and off

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    It could be many things, but I'd doubt its the K&N's of themselves. If a bike has been stood for a period of time then shit fuel/blocked jets are very common.

System cleaner, fresh fuel and a carb/strip rebuild followed by a check on jetting would be a good start. At least its easy to get the carbs on and off
    I am not mechanically minded taking carbs off etc thatís not for me but would happily pay someone ha ha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12