Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarke strong arm clm5.

Clarke strong arm clm5.

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone has used of these lifts wit a rex & if they’re any good?

Re: Clarke strong arm clm5.

Haven't used one, but I looked into lifts last year and decided if you're going to do a lot of work or have multiple bikes then a proper lift is worth the investment rather than those which don't really support the bike fully.

In the end I went for an Abba sky lift and apart from the added expense of adapters for each bike it's proved it's worth many times in 6 months already.

It held the Rex up in the air all winter while it was worked on and currently has an old FJ1200 that I'm restoring.

For light work tasks I'd say they are ok, but just make sure it can hold the bike properly and not simply lift it on the exhaust pipes.

It would only get occasional use but I’d need it to be safe & secure.

Im not sure how you would pick it up even without the pipe fitted with one of those (nor does it lift it high enough to be any real use)

I have a CML3 and while is it a bit big (would be perfect if I had sunk it flush with the floor) it certainly does the biz

Pays your money tho good sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thanks for the reply. I see what you mean about how it would work with the sump. But unfortunately I don’t have the room for a full workshop lift.

They are nice but certainly not essential so may i suggest a decent dog bed

Keeps the cold off your back when lay down and doesnt hurt your knees when kneeling down

Yeah I think those lifts are more for cruiser/agricultural type bikes like HD's that have rails running underneath you can lift them on.

I guess if you could get it in the right angle, a couple of lengths of wood could give you the height to lift the frame without fouling the sump/pipes, but like I say, I'd want something I could trust a bit more than that.

If you have a garage the Skylift is very good - I went for it as didn't want the space a bench lift takes up too. It's a tad pricey but a really good bit of kit.

Certainly a lot better than the old axle stand trick

Yeah, it’s the axle stand trick I’m trying to get away from! But can’t really justify (afford) the sky lift.

Any other good options?

Quote Originally Posted by martyp View Post
    Any other good options?
    Abba stand with the trolley (ive one and its the dogs wotsits) as you can take both wheels out.

Doesnt lift it high tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast