Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zrx1200r metmachex swingarm etc

zrx1200r metmachex swingarm etc

Anyone else running the Metmachex swingarm with the single ohlins rear shock from the zx9r? mine has this fitted wasn't cheap when fitted in 2003.

Also mine has K&N filters are these a pain in the arse or okay once set up correctly?

Re: zrx1200r metmachex swingarm etc

Fuck me - have you cloned my bike ? That is exactly the setup on mine

You could both maybe share a wanted add for a set of shox then
    What Goes Around..........!!!

I have some of those as well ..but they are destined for my Zed instead

Very nice !
    Mp
    Hcw's , still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Fuck me - have you cloned my bike ? That is exactly the setup on mine

Looks very similar ha ha apart from the seat/rear disc, what year is yours as your side covers are green mine are not?
    The bike has stood for most of its life 8k miles took it for a quick spin yesterday to put fresh fuel in not sure its running quiet right? I really don't like K&N filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1966 View Post
    I really don't like K&N filters.
    If you decide to replace them can I have dibbs??

Looks very similar ha ha apart from the seat/rear disc, what year is yours as your side covers are green mine are not?
    The bike has stood for most of its life 8k miles took it for a quick spin yesterday to put fresh fuel in not sure its running quiet right? I really don't like K&N filters.
    IIRC all the 1100`s had coloured side panels ,some of the 1200`s were the greyish colour.

If the bike has been sitting a while there is a good chance the pilot circuits in the carbs will have gummed up with the residue from the evaporated fuel , either that or the bike has not been set up correctly for the pods.

Kendo
    Take the pieces and build them skywards !

Gary - my bike is an A2 model - 2002. Originally the side panels were graphite but I had them painted green when I had the tank redone (first time).

At the moment it has carbon side panels fitted tho There is no choice about running pod filters with the Ohlins unit sitting where the airbox formerly resided. If you have generic pods and not genuine K&N filters though - chuck 'em in the bin. K&N are far better. That was the first change I made and the bike was lots happier. Mine also has a stage 3 dynojet and a 4 degree ignition advancer plus a few more tweaks. I have a dyno sheet saying just over 141 horsies. TBH I dont know if that is good or bad - but it does go like stink

I also had a custom battery box made with a lithium battery inside, instead of the stock lead acid battery sitting on the rear engine bolt like it did when I got the bike

I have no problems at all with it running or idling. I rode it last year on the motorways in the equivalent of a tropical rainstorm and it never missed a beat then either. I do try to avoid rain most times, but on that occasion it had to be done to get to the ferry

[QUOTE=kendo;623748]IIRC all the 1100`s had coloured side panels ,some of the 1200`s were the greyish colour

Yes mine are the grey ish colour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast