Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z900rs cafe, someone talk me out of this please

Re: Z900rs cafe, someone talk me out of this please

Its just another odd looking modern "naked" bike & if it wasnt for a paint job, it would just look like any other naked Yam/Hon/Suz/Kaw - but each to there own & if it rings your bell, buy it !

I can help you out here.

They are butt ugly replica's and should be left where they sit.

If you want a new bike, buy a Triumph. If you want a Z900, buy an original

You are welcome

They ride well, good fun, plenty of grunt.

For years K fans were crying out for a decent new IL4 with improved suspenders, brakes, and less weight than the rex, which also referenced Z1 lineage. The rex is an alleged replica itself and of course look are totally subjective. Some of the RS detailing is decent and plenty of old skool Kwak heads reckon its a decent attempt. Interestingly Kawasaki themselves never used the word replica.

Every other manufacturer has cashed in on their heritage: Ducati do it all the time. The scramblers and the supersport don't really resemble the originals but people like the way they look and enjoy riding them. Triumph have repeatedly cashed in. I don't think the rex looks like Eddie's AMA bike but I like the way both bikes look.

If you want one go for it, don't apologise. If its fun, its doing its job.

Thanks for all your input. I get what your all saying, it is a new bike in old clothes. I need to take one out for a blast and see if it floats my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Isk View Post
    Thanks for all your input. I get what your all saying, it is a new bike in old clothes. I need to take one out for a blast and see if it floats my boat.
    I'd say that's the best approach

It's all personal taste. You can only do so much with motorbike design. Some people don't like the look of too much plastic on a bike, some prefer bikes draped in plastic and almost alien looking things. What goes around comes around.

The bikes underneath are the same, so you just take the pick of the one you like the look of and forget anyone else's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    I'd say that's the best approach

It's all personal taste. You can only do so much with motorbike design. Some people don't like the look of too much plastic on a bike, some prefer bikes draped in plastic and almost alien looking things. What goes around comes around.

The bikes underneath are the same, so you just take the pick of the one you like the look of and forget anyone else's opinion.

Wins repeated best retro bike titles the world over, nowt to do with Eddie Lawson, more 70s Kwacka racers with a bit of Stone thrown in! Best bike to come out of Nippon land in ages, isnít the Rex a facsimile of a copy of a replica anyway??

Cradley have a demo, I took it out a few weeks ago go on call them !! in my mind its a beautiful looking retro and rides fantastic, so much so I went and purchased one myself, picked it up yesterday complete with a dream machine paint job im well chuffed
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hawthorne View Post
    Cradley have a demo, I took it out a few weeks ago go on call them !! in my mind its a beautiful looking retro and rides fantastic, so much so I went and purchased one myself, picked it up yesterday complete with a dream machine paint job im well chuffed
    Ian.
    Lies... where are teh pictures?

Congrats!
    Polish onslaught

Interestingly, I saw one of the Doremi bikes with a Z1000Mk2 body kit and a set of black Z900 pipes on it-now that looked proper mod/retro.

Maybe go for the body kit and have everyone jealous ��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast