Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pair of pazzo lookalikes levers

Re: pair of pazzo lookalikes levers

Posted
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by z1baz View Post
    i had a pair off you few yr back jr its those i had to drill out with the clevis bolt seized solid in.
    i bought a very nice set off kev (machagar) proper pazzo`s but sold them before getting the chance to put them on the bike (another cash flow problem).
    after spending out a load of cash on rex she started playing up 2 yrs after the rebuild water leak on the steel pipe and carb probs (cheap ebay fuel pipe disintegrated inside n ferked everything up so we just found out) so put rexy at the back of the garage in temper before i put a hammer to it.
    there she stayed for 2yrs while i bought a few cruisers to ride around on but missed her so got it sorted untill we found the pins in the levers were seized.hopefully get it done n mot`d next week.
    my memoryís like sieve,Iíve forgotten half the stuff Iíve owned.

little bit of coppaslip this time maybe

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    my memory’s like sieve,I’ve forgotten half the stuff I’ve owned.

little bit of coppaslip this time maybe
    use the bike maybe JR,,,,my own fault but when the steel pipe started squirting hot coolant i put her in the back of the garage in disgust n bought another few bikes..
    Last edited by z1baz; 16th February 2019 at 12:53 AM.
    A ZRX IS FER LIFE NOT JUST FER CHRISTMAS HO HO HO

Sensing resentmentz - technically it's not even a pipe just tubbing... that prolly went through hell - not even speck of rust on mine
    Polish onslaught

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Sensing resentmentz - technically it's not even a pipe just tubbing... that prolly went through hell - not even speck of rust on mine
    never heard them technically called tubbing before ! not gone thru hell just used thru a few british winters, there was no rust on this one till it started leaking...
    Last edited by z1baz; 16th February 2019 at 01:13 AM.

Proper steel pipe of similar internal diameter would have scheduled thicker wall and better corrosion allowance. Tubing used on our motor has thin gauged sheet metal like wall.
    Polish onslaught

Quote Originally Posted by z1baz View Post
    never heard them technically called tubbing before ! not gone thru hell just used thru a few british winters, there was no rust on this one till it started leaking...
    Me neither Baz but from the rotten ones I have seen they have tended to rot from the inside out (much like you get pin holes breaking through on the painted ones down to the pump) so you possibly wouldn't get an indication anyway (unless you carried out an internal inspection - oooeeerrrr matron )
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Ethylene glycol that is used as coolant oxidises with time and breaks down into handful of different acids. Accidic environment causes various forms of corrosion on the system. Hence importance of proper maintenance.
    Polish onslaught

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Me neither Baz but from the rotten ones I have seen they have tended to rot from the inside out (much like you get pin holes breaking through on the painted ones down to the pump) so you possibly wouldn't get an indication anyway (unless you carried out an internal inspection - oooeeerrrr matron )
    exactly nige,mine was like a brand new spanking off the shelf kawasaki oe item.
    cleaned it every few days and always had the correct as recommended by kawasaki coolant but the pipe still sprung a few pin holes.
    ive had one made out of gold now as that dont rust,went up the garage the next day to be met with a pool of coolant............some thieving twats stole my pipe...

these are not the droids your looking for,,,,move along,,,move along..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12