Thread: Givi V46 top box and rack

Givi V46 top box and rack

Thought I'd offer this up here first just in case anyone is interested, before trying my luck on eBay or elsewhere.

So the new purchase came with a Givi luggage rack and V46 monokey topbox (46 litre, which I gather can hold 2 helmets!) which I know I'm never going to use.

Like so, I'll sort some pics of the actual item on the weekend.

Looks like very little use, in excellent condition and come with two keys, and the little owners manual/product book.

The rack is still fitted to the bike, so if anyone does want it give me a little while to sort some grab handles. But once it's off happy to package up and ship within the UK.

Looking at new this looks like it's about 300 worth of kit. And comparing what people have them for on eBay I think it's fair to ask 150 (130 and 20 to cover postage) or there abouts.

Re: Givi V46 top box and rack

Do those Givi side mountings bolt through the mounting arm onto the bike grab handle area (i.e. with a freely removable bolt), or are they a fixed bolt/stud on the inside of the arm ?

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Do those Givi side mountings bolt through the mounting arm onto the bike grab handle area (i.e. with a freely removable bolt), or are they a fixed bolt/stud on the inside of the arm ?
    It's a seat off job and bolt from the inside using the grab handle mounts. Which I why I need to get myself some grab handles before I can remove it.

I found this online for ZRX1100, but same for 1200

http://old.importationsthibault.com/...es/076f433.pdf

Ah right, I see. It'd not work with my pannier mountings then - they need to be on the outside of those rails.

Shame, I will have to stick to my Renntec rack

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Ah right, I see. It'd not work with my pannier mountings then - they need to be on the outside of those rails.

Shame, I will have to stick to my Renntec rack
    I have drilled through and retapped one of these racks before so I could mount my pannier rails on the side.
    Worked fine.

Sold now and on it's way to the new owner.