Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ULTRASONIC CLEANER.

Re: ULTRASONIC CLEANER.

Quote Originally Posted by SimZRX1200R View Post
    Where are they cheap ?
    I think I paid 6 bucks each for original pilot jets.
    Polish onslaught

Quote Originally Posted by SimZRX1200R View Post
    Another thing I use is ammoniated clock cleaning solution in a small tub to clean up all the jets etc, works a treat, Ive just used this on my mates ZRX1200 pilots main jet tubes and main jets and they are now clean , I fine model makers drill twiddled through with fingers also ensures they are clean
    Have to say i wouldnt reccomend any drill for anyone less than very practiced in it (or them welding nozzle cleaners that are badged as jet cleaners but are actually small files) as if you create an oversize it it isnt good.

FWIW i use jewellers wire (but like yourself i always use solvent prior to any ultrasonic cleaning)

As for jets i use a white vinegar solution but aftermarket pilot jets are cheap and Chris and I (that i know of) have used aftermakrket with good results (albeit i thought they were badged from dj but could be wrong) and whilst i might reccomend poking/cleaning before use they are better than blocked originals and cheap as chips (these may not be actual required but am sure you are getting the jist sir) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keihin-Pi...frcectupt=true
    What Goes Around..........!!!

I personally do not care for aftermarket jets with original being so cheap. 6 bucks for Keihin original slow jet vs 4 bucks for Taiwan aftermarket.
    Anyhow jets do corrode and do erode. Maintenance cleaning of jets is fine but for resto jobs I do not see reason to run 20 year old precision made flow control devices.
    Polish onslaught

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12