Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swing arm

Re: Swing arm

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    Well this one does away with twin shocks, but unless you knew the model well - you would not know it was non-standard. This conversion was done professionally by Metmachex and uses an Ohlins monoshock

Looks sweet, run a twin shock metmachex on my 08 rex. If I went monoshock it wd be a worthwhile mod, need to see how many queens heads are involved first tho.
    U aint fast ur last

I do have the bill somewhere, it was done by a PO almost from new and the conversion was expensive which I guess you would expect having being done at Metmachex themselves in Alfreton.

The Ohlins shock is a ZX9R unit, I think the swing arm itself is either a modified ZX9R or possibly a bespoke creation. The linkage is also ZX9R. The frame has extra bracing too, all done at the same time.

The only downside I see, is that the shock sits where the air box was - hence the K&N's

I do not know how the mod would affect the value of the bike, be it up or down - but honestly I dont really care. I never have standard bikes (well not for very long) and I buy 'em for me - not for an investment. It'd sell to someone I guess when/if I ever get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    I do have the bill somewhere, it was done by a PO almost from new and the conversion was expensive which I guess you would expect having being done at Metmachex themselves in Alfreton.

The Ohlins shock is a ZX9R unit, I think the swing arm itself is either a modified ZX9R or possibly a bespoke creation. The linkage is also ZX9R. The frame has extra bracing too, all done at the same time.

The only downside I see, is that the shock sits where the air box was - hence the K&N's

I do not know how the mod would affect the value of the bike, be it up or down - but honestly I dont really care. I never have standard bikes (well not for very long) and I buy 'em for me - not for an investment. It'd sell to someone I guess when/if I ever get bored.
    Kinda like that myself, prefer to modify any bike I buy but generally like to leave all paintwork std to keep the original look.
    Frames getting chopped to take a 1400 motor, shock position might be an issue as that space will likely be needed for a fuel pump & tank (wont know that until its built). Twin shock will more than likely be what I end up with, nothing cast in stone yet though. All good info and will all help with the build. The bike will be work in progress & hopefully be finished for the Scottish meet in May if not a meet further south later in the year
    U aint fast ur last

May you say

It would take me this year to even decide the best way to start it

All power to you sir and all the best with it
    What Goes Around..........!!!

1400 lump in a ZRX - that does sound cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12