Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emmisons results...

Re: Emmisons results...

Nope. I've run the checks on mine and it comes up as a 'no'. When they extend the boundary in a few years' time, rolling it out of the garage will mean I have to pay.

Captain Blue :: "Whitey is not the Messiah: he's a very naughty boy!"
    Admin ZRX Owners Club :: Team Phat Bastid (Ex-Fireblade Splinter Group) ::
    ZRX1200R.com :: Captain-Blue.com :: trackdayhero.com :: You Fucking Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Nope. I've run the checks on mine and it comes up as a 'no'. When they extend the boundary in a few years' time, rolling it out of the garage will mean I have to pay.
    As I mention, you can apply to have it cleared, there's an application on the website - you just need to get the emissions tested for NOx and then send the results in so that they can decide.

MAG spoke with Sadiq Kahn to raise this specific issue and he agreed that if the emissions are within the limits then a vehicle should not be charged.

The annoying thing about all this is that NOx/particulate regs were conceived because old diesels were spewing out real nasty shite, and busses and taxis are some of the worst offenders. Petrol engines are cleaner, but incredibly it took everyone a long time to figure that out.

You should be able to get a euro 3 compliant bike through but you may need to bolt on the original system to do it.

Just fit a hair dryer to the octopus when being tested so it blasts loads of clean air through the exhaust

Something similar worked for VW

Scary
    Bloody Foreigner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12