Thread: Clicking noise

Clicking noise

Hello not been on in a while (well August to be honest.........), dunno where the years gone is it just me?????? Been busy getting divorced, riding and generally living it up to be honest, off to the states in May riding an HD (yer i know, i'm not a huge fan either but when in Rome and all that ) round Nevada, Utah and Arizona.

Anyway, something bugging me at the mo and hoping someone could give me some advice or direction on it, if i leave the bike for 3 weeks or so, on startup i get an intermittent click/clunk from low down on the LHS of the engine, sometimes it there sometimes its not, sometimes it happens once, sometimes 5/6 times, seems more prominant in cold weather, it sounds like a solenoid clicking, but feels a bit like engaging first gear (hope that makes sense), quiet a distinctive clunk........... Been doing it for the last few years, once the engines warm its gone and won't happen again till the bikes been stood for 3+ weeks, summer time when shes used a bit more no sign of the problem, bike runs fine no rattles from the engine, full service (including shims) around 3000 miles ago, bikes an 05 1200R with 42000ish miles on the clock, i've owned her from new............ Anyone got any thoughts or should i stick her on fleabay for a tenner and get rid quick.....

cheers in advance for any help/advice

Pete

P.S. after advice on the ZRX not my HD trip to the states............
    LIVE EVERY DAY AS THO ITS YOUR LAST CAUSE ONE DAY YOUR SURE TO BE RIGHT!!!

ZRX1200R GREEN AND MEAN

Re: Clicking noise

Alternator bolt loose maybe?
    2006 ZRX1200R Lime Green