Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Refurbished KZ1000R-S1 Works Performance Shocks

Re: Refurbished KZ1000R-S1 Works Performance Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    I always did like Strada's so they were always gonna end up on one of my Zeds.

I recently sold a longer set for a Z1000. I bought maybe 8 or 10 shocks and made good sets from what I had. Some of 'em all had the same issue though and ended up binned, the reservoir tops can be impossible to remove but I do still have a few spare bits an pieces hiding in mi shed. I have a spare genuine rebuild kit in my stash too - they are going for (even more) stoopid money when/if they ever surface on the 'bay now ! I paid large for my kit - but not quite 200 quid large !!
    Thankfully for my RD400 and baby triple I think the performance of the shocks is the least of my worries but I just like the look of them (nor could I afford any when I was 17)

Dont suppose you know the exact colour RAL tho do you Sir Charles
    What Goes Around..........!!!

No mate - I had my shock bodies and springs powdercoated at Triple S in Bingley, near Leeds. Other than they were bright red and gloss black lol, I dont know

A good restoration job, but the colours and styling are very much of the time I think I would stick with my Marzocchi Strada's that have also been rebuilt ... also of their time I s'pose
    i had a pair on my Z400 they where rock hard it was hard to not bounce of the seat.

A good restoration job, but the colours and styling are very much of the time I think I would stick with my Marzocchi Strada's that have also been rebuilt ... also of their time I s'pose
    Cheers mate. What I'm trying to achieve is to transform my ELR to look more like the factory S1 model (but without the race number boards).

I doubt these Works Performance shocks will perform as good as the currently fitted old school Ohlins, but they are the real deal and I've upgraded the internals.

I've also recently managed to get hold of a Calfab swinging arm, as was used by KMC Racing back in the day. It won't be here in the UK until Feb next year.

/

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    i had a pair on my Z400 they where rock hard it was hard to not bounce of the seat.
    Changing the oil for modern suspension fluid makes a whole world of difference Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    Cheers mate. What I'm trying to achieve is to transform my ELR to look more like the factory S1 model (but without the race number boards).

I doubt these Works Performance shocks will perform as good as the currently fitted old school Ohlins, but they are the real deal and I've upgraded the internals.

I've also recently managed to get hold of a Calfab swinging arm, as was used by KMC Racing back in the day. It won't be here in the UK until Feb next year.

/
    That sounds interesting. It'll be good to see the end result.

Changing the oil for modern suspension fluid makes a whole world of difference Jon
    i was skint it was all I could do to keep riding hence the Z400J.

Just wanted to say that you might be interested in the write up about Steve Willgoose`s bike in this months Classic motorcycle mechanics.
    I would be very interested in your thoughts and assessment of the bike he has.
    Cheers
    Ian

DSC_0573.jpg
    Here is mine. Gets lots of track day action
    Rob

That looks well sir
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast