Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help to build ZRX400.

Re: Need help to build ZRX400.

This is my friend who cannot move to his garage for a couple of months, because he is either lazy or not once. So lies a bunch of trash in the corners.
    Yes, there are a couple of projects, their degree of readiness is different. Two freaks, the brainchild of Russian engineers who wanted to build mopeds for the children of this country. The first is the ZiD Pilot, the second is the IZH Cornet. If you are interested, I can write about them in some way.

ZiD is a long-term project with an unknown end date. This year, the business began to move a bit and I installed a 6-speed gearbox from Derbi Senda.
    And for IZH, my friend is trying to make a new CDI. For these, new parts in the store are already discarded in advance. The quality of production is terrible.

Moreover, the garage is not warmed, but before March it will not become warm, so I try to spend there minimal time now.
    All I can not get ready to build a garage in the country to do it there. And we have a big problem with such things in the city. Waiting for spring.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fraaanz!; 28th December 2018 at 12:58 PM.
    Vodka. Matryoshka. The Kremlin.

All two wheeled goodness and part of motorcycling sir

Nice job on the 400 so far
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Nice job on the 400 so far
    Thank you.) Until the end is still far away, but already the motorcycle is roughly similar to what I want to see in the end.

By the way, I figured out today with the rear caliper. I drove to work, collected all the caliper brackets found and came to the conclusion that nothing would work out that way, even if you use spacer sleeves from ZZR.
    From left to right: bracket ZRX400, ZZR400-1, ZZR400-2.

The difference is obvious without a microscope.
    But, I found that the bracket from the ZRX, which I found at work, had someone already sawed protrusions for the caliper. The gap between him and what I had, 2-3 millimeters. There is an opinion that someone modified it for similar purposes. I put it and immediately everything fell into place.) Only caliper mounting bolts need to be sharpened by a couple of millimeters. Brake bolts they do not touch, but are too close. And so, the wheel is installed and everything works fine.)

From the basic plans for this year, everything is done. Now I will continue to search and order different parts. Well, and other minor works to do, such as replacing non-original keys with original ones.)

Do you have a shim/washer in that gap?

The bolt is close yes but as you say if you shorten it, all will be good (if you have concerns of it loosening either apply a tad of threadlock or fit a spring washer under the head of the bolt - that may actually give you the clearance you need anyway).

Either way, good work sir

Do you have a shim/washer in that gap?
    There is no shim. This is a design feature of the caliper bracket.)

The bolt is close yes but as you say if you shorten it, all will be good (if you have concerns of it loosening either apply a tad of threadlock or fit a spring washer under the head of the bolt - that may actually give you the clearance you need anyway).

Either way, good work sir
    It seems to me that making bolts shorter is more logical. Washers in this place are not worth it initially, and from changing the length of the bolts, I will not lose anything. It probably makes sense to remove the bracket and check the planes, because the modification, judging by the tracks, was carried out either with a file or with a grinding machine. The performance is not very neat.

I see sir ……………………………….said the blind man to his deaf daughter

I noted you like smaller displacement bikes. Any particular reason? Do you have driver licence restrictions in Moscow?
    Bloody Foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    I noted you like smaller displacement bikes. Any particular reason? Do you have driver licence restrictions in Moscow?
    This hobby is more than ten years old. I started this and somehow I can't stop everything. Solely for my own entertainment, sometimes doing something with them. Riding on them is not so interesting, but owning them is for me something akin to a habit. In addition, fun pastime is always available.

A couple of years ago, we just had to be able to ride a moped and be over 14 years old so that there would be no problems with the law. Now, for the class of mopeds need a license "M", which is issued from 16 years.
    For light motorcycles up to 150cc you need to get a license "A1". And she, strangely, is also available from the age of 16.
    I don’t imagine what the difference is, but it’s possible for the “M” license only to pass a theoretical exam, and for “A1” you also need to pass a practical one.
    All this was introduced not long ago and I immediately received a license "A", giving access to motorcycles of any capacity and volume.
    More often the category "M" in our license is automatically entered, if any other category is present.

But as happens in Russia, as noted by our classic writer, the severity of the laws is compensated for by the fact that they are not enforced.
    Motorcycle policemen are rarely found, and in motor vehicles they are chased by motorcycles only in very exceptional cases.
    So, no one really cares about scooter drivers without a license. They stop, write out fines, but it rarely happens and those who do not want to receive licenses do not get much less.

In general, we have a lot in the rules of the road looks strange. The rules themselves are outdated by 20 years, probably. A moped, for example, is forbidden to turn left on a road with more than two lanes. For mopeds like Derbi and Aprilia, this is generally ridiculous. In the Soviet Union, the best I can buy is the pioneer - Verkhovina moped or Riga, where the maximum was a pair of horsepower and pedals.
    The registration mark the size of a snow shovel got from the tractor and for the last 15 years we have been trying to figure out how to hang them so that at least they would not tear them away.
    And last year, motorcyclists were allowed to drive on the highway at a speed of more than 80 km / h. But before that, conditionally, it was impossible. Cool? We live like this.
    And everyone understands everything perfectly, and just turn a blind eye to the obvious nonsense in the laws.
    Last edited by Fraaanz!; 29th December 2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraaanz! View Post
    ...In the Soviet Union, the best I can buy is the pioneer - Verkhovina moped or Riga, where the maximum was a pair of horsepower and pedals.
    The registration mark the size of a snow shovel got from the tractor and for the last 15 years we have been trying to figure out how to hang them so that at least they would not tear them away.
    And last year, motorcyclists were allowed to drive on the highway at a speed of more than 80 km / h. But before that, conditionally, it was impossible. Cool? We live like this.
    And everyone understands everything perfectly, and just turn a blind eye to the obvious nonsense in the laws.
    Good stuff. In soviet times we had good 50 cc bikes available. Mainly Simson and Jawa. I hear some kids had vierchovinas but those were dogs, no power and with overheating problems.
    Yeah, nanny laws in Europe are often ridiculous, I see them as additional taxation emposed on the populus.
    Now I see bunch of big bore bike reviews done by Russians, I figure they must be popular. Liked the one done on SV1000 in particular.
    Bloody Foreigner

We had Java, but there were less of them and they cost more. The Simson appeared later, but they appeared in families where someone worked or served in the GDR. In the store Simson, as far as I know, it was impossible to buy.

In general, the motorcycle market is extensive. There are almost all popular models and there are fans for them. Basically, the market consists of Japanese motorcycles, which were brought here by containers. European motorcycles are much smaller, but they are gradually beginning to gain popularity, although the attitude towards them is still skeptical. Appropriately, the reviews are also not long in coming. Despite the fact that our motorcycle season lasts an average of five months, there are many motorcyclists and the degree of interest in such content is growing.
    Big bore bikes? What Russian does not like to drive fast?)

And here I have a few more questions arrived.
    The first is where to get the service manual for the ZRX400? The Internet does not help, and ordering a book in Japanese, where nothing is clear, there is not much point. All the same, it will have to scan and translate. Maybe there is some ready varinat?
    Second, what is the correct seal number on the pump? According to the number (92055-1271) of the seal between the halves of the pump body and the o-ring on the inside, it is very similar that the pump resembles the GPZ900. The seal of the pump shaft has the number 92049-1416. There are no more glands in the catalog, only a pump in one detail.
    Try to order and watch fit or not? Or is there an exact original number?

Taking this opportunity, I congratulate everyone with the coming New Year. I wish you happiness, joy, success and never get sick.)
    Last edited by Fraaanz!; 2nd January 2019 at 11:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast