Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help to build ZRX400.

Need help to build ZRX400.

Hello!
    I apologize if it is not very clear what I have in the form, I have to communicate through a translator.

Please help in building the ZRX400.
    Due to the fact that the choice of tires of the original size in Russia is very scanty, I decided to redo the rear wheel by 17". The spokes came from the ZZR400-1. The rear brake disc, as I understand it, needs to be set from the ZZR400-2, since 240mm. Back sproket have to be put on the ZRX400, as it is 525. Is that right, or will I need something else?

Also, there is a speed limiter switch from M-Max. Information on it is available only from a photo of the Japanese service manual for this part. But I don’t know Japanese language at all, but it’s possible to choose hieroglyphs for eternity. I understand correctly that this part is connected to the connector from the dashboard to the main wiring harness? Should a separate black wire be connected to ground?

Well, there is a small request to the owners of a motorcycle with a Kerker Megaphone exhaust pipe.
    What should the silencer mount look like? I ordered a pipe in Japan, but did not see the rear mount when changing the order. Made very carefully, it's hard to say right away that it has been changed. My mount is located on top, above the emblem and with the standard mount does not match by 4 centimeters and is located at the footboard of the passenger. Does the mount have to be somewhere in the area of the weld of the parts of the muffler on its inside?
    The photo shows how the muffler is installed now.

I would be very grateful for any help.

IMG_20181210_152605.jpg
    Vodka. Matryoshka. The Kremlin.

Re: Need help to build ZRX400.

I changed the rear wheel on mine to a zzr 600d wheel which as far as i can tell is the same wheel as the zzr 400.
    You will need sprocket carrier and disc from the zzr 400 and possibly the wheel spacers as i had to get spacers made to suit mine.
    The exhaust system you have fitted looks like it is for the later zrx 400 which has different footrest hangers.

Welcome Fraaanz,

Nice to see someone from Mother Russia here

A simple bracket should sort your hanger out

What Goes Around..........!!!

east of holland 50feet from the german border

Hiya Fraanz, Welokommen, I like Russians, me- No fucking around over in your part of the world-- Hope you get sorted and hang around.....
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    I changed the rear wheel on mine to a zzr 600d wheel which as far as i can tell is the same wheel as the zzr 400.
    You will need sprocket carrier and disc from the zzr 400 and possibly the wheel spacers as i had to get spacers made to suit mine.
    The exhaust system you have fitted looks like it is for the later zrx 400 which has different footrest hangers.
    For some reason it did not work right away to answer ...
    Thank you very much for the tip. I bought the bracket for the rear sprocket along with the wheel, it remains to find new dampers. This week, most likely, he will be with me. There are no problems with spacers, I will find such parts without problems. Today I received repainted wheels, I ordered tires and before the New Year I will try to put them on a motorcycle, if it is not too cold outside.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Welcome Fraaanz,

Nice to see someone from Mother Russia here

A simple bracket should sort your hanger out
    Nice to see people who drive the ZRX.)
    In our area it is easier to meet a bear on the street than same motorcycle. And information about him is not found at all. I am very glad that I found you and that now there is where to find specific information.)
    With the step bracket everything is clear, thank you for the detailed photo. I didn’t even see anything close on the internet. I will order a new bracket next month, as I will again buy parts in Japan. Anyway, he was going to order new o-ring for the carburetor in order to clean them and adjust them. I looked at the auctions - there are no used brackets. We'll have to buy a new one, since the item is not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    Hiya Fraanz, Welokommen, I like Russians, me- No fucking around over in your part of the world-- Hope you get sorted and hang around.....
    Hello!
    In our part of the world, not everyone has a neighbor who is able to control himself.
    Our Evil Empire has nothing to do with it. Someone just needs an enemy to fulfill their own ambitions. Do not believe everything they say in the News.

I also hope that it will end. We are simple - we are ready to be friends with those who want to be friends with us.
    Last edited by Fraaanz!; 19th December 2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraaanz! View Post
    In our part of the world, not everyone has a neighbor who is able to control himself.
    Our Evil Empire has nothing to do with it. Someone just needs an enemy to fulfill their own ambitions. Do not believe everything they say in the News.

I also hope that it will end. We are simple - we are ready to be friends with those who want to be friends with us.

Nu da, interiesno, my Dugina chitayem Ivan Ivanych...

Polish onslaught

Amen to that brother
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    Nu da, interiesno, my Dugina chitayem Ivan Ivanych...
    Не читайте до обеда советских газет. (с)
    И с той и с этой стороны всяких фриков хватает. Мы, исходя из того что они несут, должны друг о друге свое мнение строить? Я так не думаю.

I propose to return to the local dialect and apologize to the English-speaking comrades.)

I did it all. The wheel is installed. Faced the problem that the bolts of the brake disc of the rear wheel are in contact with the caliper bracket. I think that replacing the bracket with a part from ZZR400-2 will help to solve the problem.
    But in comparison I want to say that on 17 "wheels the bike looks much better.

Не читайте до обеда советских газет. (с)

I propose to return to the local dialect...
    Nu choroscho, mozet byt....

I see you have proper mess in the garage and tons of other projects lined up. Long winter ahead I presume?
    Polish onslaught

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast