Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new owner....

Possible new owner....

Hey guy, new too the forum.
    I build custom bikes and looking at buying a zrx1200s tomorrow .
    Really good price and already had some modifications including a new Akro system and dynojet kit.
    Ive always owned XJRs but just looking for a change. I have a couple questions and hope you guys can help.

Anything in particular too look out for? Any common faults or parts that are quick too wear?

If all is good on the bike. The owner says he has Dyno print outs showing 130bhp with the current setup. I'll probably be stripping the bike down an going through it for fun, but any baseline performance modifications that are commonly done?

Thanks for any info
    J

Re: Possible new owner....

It seems a little low on power if it has a full Akra system and a dynojet kit - mine makes over 140 brake ... it's possibly just a can on it ? You might want to check that out.

No real issues with the ZRX in general (other than the S having a big dustbin on the front of course) just the usual checks.

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    other than the S having a big dustbin on the front of course
    Lol, harsh but true

Welcome J and I would think that standard trim with an Akra @ 130 RWBHP be very good (albeit it depends on your dyno)

117 absolute max as standard (give or take) so take from that what you will

You say you are a custom builder so you planning on chopping?
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Thanks for the feed back, so yea I do a lot of general repairs to custom bikes (the whole cafe racer scene in London)... But for myself I do occasionally chop and change parts...

This bike I'm going to just ride as stock and modify here and there as I go, hence the reason I'm only going for the 'S' they're half the price and I'm only bothered about the motor because the fairings going haha.

Apparently a complete Akro system and looks very clean but maybe set up by monkeys haha.

What's the best way of attaching photos here? I'll post my xjr so you get a idea of what I do... Although this bike isn't going down the same road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson95 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back, so yea I do a lot of general repairs to custom bikes (the whole cafe racer scene in London)... But for myself I do occasionally chop and change parts...

This bike I'm going to just ride as stock and modify here and there as I go....
    Welcome, glad to see someone who can actually wrench. It's a good place if don't get distracted easily by resident trolls.

As far as the bike goes, common thing is a tensioner faliure - open the oil cap and examine guts for nicks - fix is easy with aftermarket manual tensioner but you should be able to knock some of the price because looks scary.
    Brake calipers are prone to piston sticking leading to rotor problem- look for brake shudder - easy fix but can be expensive. What else, fuel Tanks are expensive better to get one without rust.
    Beside that just regular stuff to looks for in any old machine...
    Bloody Foreigner

Haha yea I'm sure they'll be people against my ideas....
    Sounds good, bike seems pretty sound and literately the cheapest one for sale that's running.
    Sellers already told me about the front brakes so we'll tick that box haha

We'll see how it goes in the morning
    Cheers

Photobucket (now it is free again) and flickr are good for images although one would hope that a London café racer is very much in keeping with what is a real café racer

This one being used as opposed to promoting some hipster establishment

Nowt really worrying with a 1200 TBH but any concerns ask away although im guessing you have now met our resident "not one to ask/believe" as above

Cool, I'll get a picture up tomorrow
    It's a 1300xjr with a 2008 R1 front end and swingarm . I was doing a bit of racing buti like that style.
    I have a pre war bike and 50s bike that I keep a bit more period correct aha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson95 View Post
    Cool, I'll get a picture up tomorrow
    It's a 1300xjr with a 2008 R1 front end and swingarm . I was doing a bit of racing buti like that style.
    I have a pre war bike and 50s bike that I keep a bit more period correct aha.
    Scary is that sir as Dave (aka trickzeds) also has an XJR with R1 suspension

That said, all is not only good but all is welcome here sir

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast