Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How to Polish - Tools

Re: How to Polish - Polish Measure

Quote Originally Posted by mickfarmer64 View Post
    Interesting, I've got a fluke that's immaculate but well over 25 years old. Its got from memory a recalibration sticker on it from the 90's. Wonder if they recalibrate it for free
    They sent me return code last week. I need to ship my old meter back for free replacement....
    Polish onslaught

...you can lead a horse to water, but you canít make it drink...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
    They sent me return code last week. I need to ship my old meter back for free replacement....
    Result

Took bit of time but finally package arrived today.

At first glance the meter is very similar to the old unit. Rubber boot is different shape and material, more plasticky and less rubbery. They fixed the issue with battery replacement, battery has now dedicated door with quick locks instead of screws.

Will test it tomorrow.

I was about to toss the box when I noticed they included set of new leads also. I wasn’t expecting this since shipping notice stated I am getting unit without accessories. I confirmed that old leads work with the new unit, that’s great as old leads are much nicer with point tips replaceable with beefy alligator clamps (go Gators!).
    Buger, new rubber boot although similar was different enough that my old factory molded case would not close. Got scared with price of new cases at 150 tish. Remedy was simple, heat gun with wooden dowel to push hot plastic of molded case and hold it till cooled down.

Polish onslaught

Re: How to Polish - Polish Measure - Gauge Blocks

Got this vijeyo in my feed today:

Since there is nothing better to watch in TV I am catching up on my AvE, and have great story on my gauge block set that put me through schooling.

Well, to be honest I am also watching Barbarians series, only because Germans finally decided to come clean and call it like it is.

Going back to gauge blocks, story has Germans in it. Once time came for gouge set to be passed on me I knew they will never made it across the ocean in check in luggage so I packed the box in carry on. I was flying through Frankfurt and as expected check at first leg of a trip was easy. Our guys were not suprised at all and right away correctly identify my occupation and level of schooling. Frankfurt, it was another story, as expected. German at check point freaked out and took me, together with the set to the rad lab where they fully tested the tiny shiny objects and myself with various apparatuses they had on hand. I barely made my stateside flight before last call, thankfully with the gauge set in my bag.... Publius Varrus why have you failed us all?
    Last edited by WJ-Polish Guy; 11th November 2020 at 01:42 AM.
    Polish onslaught

Two empty spaces. Did they snatch the wear blocks in Frankfurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Two empty spaces. Did they snatch the wear blocks in Frankfurt?
    No, they let me go after all the tests come down negative, tension was gone and they were all smiles. Like they dodged a bullet or something....
    Polish onslaught

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456