Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Oil argument

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,778

    Oil argument

    Not after one but it normally degenerates to that.

    my bikes due an oil change,itís not going anywhere until April when it gets warm again.

    would you change it now our wait until April?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    629

    Re: Oil argument

    Not based on any knowledge but gut instinct would tell me to change it next spring.. after firing up the bike a few times over winter.

    If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put me right

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,578

    Re: Oil argument

    There is merits for either but im with Windy
    What Goes Around..........!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,778

    Re: Oil argument

    Quote Originally Posted by af1_windy View Post
    Not based on any knowledge but gut instinct would tell me to change it next spring.. after firing up the bike a few times over winter.

    If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put me right

    That’s what I was thinking

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    1980's
    Posts
    4,180

    Re: Oil argument

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    im with Windy



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    1980's
    Posts
    4,180

    Re: Oil argument

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    Not after one but it normally degenerates to that.

    my bikes due an oil change,it’s not going anywhere until April when it gets warm again.

    would you change it now our wait until April?


    What grade and nake are we talking aboyt?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    OX15, Oxon.
    Posts
    82

    Re: Oil argument

    Spring time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,778

    Re: Oil argument

    Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    What grade and nake are we talking aboyt?
    dont start

    but if you must know ive got a massive drum of Massey Ferguson oil I am using,for filters I use jumbo kitchen towel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bury Lancs
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Oil argument

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    dont start

    but if you must know ive got a massive drum of Massey Ferguson oil I am using,for filters I use jumbo kitchen towel.
    Jason WILL be upset

    I would leave it til spring John
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    381

    Re: Oil argument

    If the bikes staying put leave it as it wont be circulating to any good/harm anyway. I wouldn't even bother turning it over again unless it's for a decent run. These short engine warm ups usually do more harm than good IMO as people often don't get the engine warm enough to get condensation out of the engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Green Web Hosting! This site hosted by DreamHost.

Click here to order your ZRXOC Merchandise