Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rounded bolts heads up

Rounded bolts heads up

Watching Delboys garage, in a real world test these work

Re: Rounded bolts heads up

He also mentioned these in another video there’s 2 sizes
    this one looks ideal under the Rex seat.

http://www.expert-toolstore.com/faco...-ring-spanners

I used to quite like his video's but over the last couple of years he's turned into a bit of a twat and the gaps in his knowledge have become more evident and he's been getting caught out for his bullshitting. If you're a fan of The Workshop you'll know what I mean

Also what he's done to that 7R he's currently working on (which was in good shape when he got it) is pretty bad. At least take one that's had fairing damage etc and don't ruin a nice example. His older bikes that were simply ratter's in the first place were ok I guess, and each to their own he can do what he wants with his own bike, I just think it looks a pile of crap with that tail piece he's made.

I don’t know but these seem to work,you can’t argue with what you see.

Some of his other tool reviews was just gushing and seemed like endorsement,didn’t fool me.

link to the workshop please.

ah a google helps,this is true.

But a note of caution here; just because someone has made a YouTube video telling you how to do something, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    Watching Delboys garage, in a real world test these work
    He has posted some good stuff but this isn't one of them.

A new M10 (and stainless judging by no sparks when being "rounded" on the sander) in a vice is not quite like a corroded monkey metal M6 nut/bolt in a hard to get to place.

Using a Torque wrench to release a fastener is also the work of a cunt - Q everyone telling me that as long as it doesn't exceed its set torque setting it will be fine
    Last edited by ZRXNige; 30th October 2018 at 01:12 PM.
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Using a Torque wrench to release a fastener is also the work of a cunt - Q everyone telling me that as long as it doesn't exceed its set torque setting it will be fine

agreed,I was also told not to loosen tight bolts with a ratchet either thatís why we had sliding T bars.

but saying that the sockets gripped didnít they?

now Iíve googled Del Boy thereís another story I had no idea about [I must live in a bubble]

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    link to the workshop please.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChY...awTdKlnUJBeOMA

Personally I really like Matt's channel and he has a great mix of good mechanical advice and technical knowledge and is quite funny if you don't mind a good sweary workshop style environment.

There's a bit of history to say the least between Matt and Del which explains why he had such a lot of 'anti-Del' video's last year.

In a nutshell Del did a poor endorsement of Evan's waterless coolant that he's used in his ZX7R project and Matt did a follow up video highlighting how it's not actually what it's cracked up to be (with some decent science and tests behind it). If Del had simply left it he probably would have moved on, but Del didn't like the bad press he was getting and tried to shut Matt's channel down with 3 copyright strikes. Once you start watching The Workshop you realise Matt's not one to mince his words and he obviously took this pretty personally and had a bit of a thing of showing up Del's bad advice or information whenever possible. This went on a bit until Del called the police to get Matt arrested for harassment (which was obviously dropped when he explained he was in fact reviewing Del's advice with no personal attack).

Elements of all this got a bit childish on both sides, but to get the plod involved all became a bit crazy and I think it negatively hit Del for a while as people realised he was being so underhand and his advice was being shown to be dodgy. He still has a decent following and I still like the odd video of his, but fortunately they both seem to have moved on now for the most part, but if you notice a period where there are a lot of Del video's on Matt's channel that's the reason

Thanks for that having had a look it’s all very childish but that’s the internet.

Never watched either .
    MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP LIFE MEMBER

FFS that workshop bloke is a boring ranting ranter on and on about nothing,obviously got an agenda .
    the swearing was just tedious.
    i would rather watch Del Boy even if he’s wrong.

i can work out myself that a cheap set of tools isn’t as good as snap on/britool etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast