Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEC 2018 Bike Show Moan

Re: NEC 2018 Bike Show Moan

Quote Originally Posted by z1racer View Post
    ...if people won't spend going to a show that's up to them but hundreds will and enjoy their day out.you earn your money you do what you want with it.and no i am not loaded just a hard workin person...
    Spot on. They would watch teli instead
    Bloody Foreigner

Going a little astray with the comments my original post was aimed at why the fuck bikers are charged twice as much plus an additional parking piss take fee to attend a very similar in attendence wise size show...

Quote Originally Posted by SJL11 View Post
    Going a little astray with the comments my original post was aimed at why the fuck bikers are charged twice as much plus an additional parking piss take fee to attend a very similar in attendence wise size show...
    Oh this. Easy answer. Produce twice the trash and require triple security. Nothing personal, just business
    Bloody Foreigner

Gave up on bike shows a few years back.

Rip off entry prices, plus the travel costs.

The days of bargains have gone...can buy anything much cheaper on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKPILE View Post
    Bikes these days are just ( very) expensive toys for a lot of ppl .Look at the mileage on 2nd hand nearly new bikes.
    As such we are treated as well off peeps and charged accordingly.
    Boycott the event and prices will fall, but the poseurs will still pay cos they have to have NEW bikes.
    Pretty near the mark
    One more and you get a big kiss

Must admit I've never been as I've always thought it was overpriced and would be much better in Spring when people are digging their bikes out, but I guess they are aiming it at people who are thinking of which bike to buy next season.

As for new bikes, I did once, it was a Tiger 800 new and felt great. Sitting on a spanking new bike and riding off without wondering what the last owner might have done with the thing is a nice feeling. A couple of weeks of road muck later and it's no different to if you had bought it from a couple of years old off someone who looked after it.

That said, I'd never knock someone for buying new, if no-one bought new then where do you think the second hand bikes would come from?

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Sitting on a spanking new bike and riding off without wondering what the last owner might have done with the thing is a nice feeling.

......not had one for 16yrs thoygh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12