Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advise Appreciated: Brake Discs from Webike for a Z1100R ELR

Re: Advise Appreciated: Brake Discs from Webike for a Z1100R ELR

Okay Guys, I think I've sussed out the difference between the coned and flat faced brake disc options.

The coned version of these PMC brake discs is intended for use on the left-hand side of the wheel if you want to retain the Speedo drive gear and the Flat faced disc can be used for the opposite side.

Have a look at this video clip I found on Youtube, as it shows what I'm trying to convey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd12P3MRa4k

So I bit the bullet and ordered 1 x Flat Faced disc version of these PMC brakes.. So now I can still retain my Speedo drive and use this new Flat Faced disc on the right-hand side of the wheel.

Now to save up for a set of period 3 x Spoke Dymag wheels... This project is taking a long time to complete, but I think it's going to be worth it in the end.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Think I would of gone with a gps speedo sir but they do look rather splendid

Could you fit both dished if you wished tho ?...………………………….or conversely both flat im guessing
    What Goes Around..........!!!

east of holland 50feet from the german border

I like them dinner plates, a lot...........
    Birdie num num........

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Think I would of gone with a gps speedo sir but they do look rather splendid

Could you fit both dished if you wished tho ?...………………………….or conversely both flat im guessing
    Cheers for the suggestion Nige.. I want to keep the bike looking as close to a Factory race replica as possible, so I'm sticking with the OEM clocks. In an ideal world I would have chosen to install the Flat Faced discs version on both sides of the front wheel, but that would have meant loosing the Speedo drive..

So I'm going to go for the Coned disc on the nearside and the Flat Faced disc on the Offside. Sort of a compromise and I get to retain the OEM Speedo drive.

I'm thinking about having a Titanium front wheel spindle made up like the Factory S1 race bikes used, but where do you stop spending money on stuff that doesn't make a difference in the Real World.

I'd rather spend the funds on having a racing alternator with a CNC outer engine casing made.. I found a company in Oxford that can make such a alternator for this bike, so once the credit card has had time to cool off a bit, I'll cane the ass out of the credit card again and order this racing alternator.

I've bought another ZRX just before Christmas, so I'm going to put some of my 1970's two stroke motocross bikes up for sale at the end of this month. Wish I could keep all my bikes, but you can't have your Cake and eat it too

Quote Originally Posted by drrnjns View Post
    I like them dinner plates, a lot...........
    Cheers mate .. The disc's are a whopping 330mm. They're so huge, they almost cover the wheel rim.

So did you have to buy another disc then John?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    So did you have to buy another disc then John?
    Only the centre hub section Nige.. I already had the disc. I've now got a spare "Coned" centre hub, which I can use at a later date if needs must.

Nige.. Feast your eyes on this Bad Boy..

I bought this swinging arm before Christmas last year for this S1 project and it finally arrived here in Blighty on Tuesday.. Trust me the pics don't give it justice.

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.JPG

That sir...........................is a work of art

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123