Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle bike lifts

Re: Motorcycle bike lifts

I have a cheap one (ok it was still 200+) from ebay. had it for nearly 10 years now only issue the ram sprung a leak at one point - dirt, as it doesnt leak any more - I do need to refil it as it oesnt go much higher than 2 feet now.

I bought it over the machine mart ones as they are actually quite thin and you couldnt get a paddock-stand on them.

mine is wide enough for all my various paddock stands, and strong enough that I can leave the bike on its side-stand on it.

yes it gets in the way, but actually lives under a classic mini most of the time - I built an equivalent wooden ramp on the other side and the mini sits on this and the lift - wish I had 2 I could lift the mini with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mczrx View Post
    I bought it over the machine mart ones as they are actually quite thin and you couldnt get a paddock-stand on them.
    Have to challenge that as mine is machine mart and fits the abba stand and front back paddock stands (with the front wedge thingy still fitted).

As for thin, compared with a battleship maybe but more than up to their max weight capacity of 450kg
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Have to challenge that as mine is machine mart and fits the abba stand and front back paddock stands (with the front wedge thingy still fitted).

As for thin, compared with a battleship maybe but more than up to their max weight capacity of 450kg
    Totally

I think my CML3 is made out of thicker gauge metal than the stuff used to built the German battleship Bismarck..

John.. I'll take a pic of my ZRX on the ramp tomorrow, so you can see what space you have left.. Currently its on its side-stand, but you'll get an idea of the ramp size.

Sometimes Machine Mart run a sale post Christmas and flog of their stuff VAT free. Might be worth waiting, if you're not in a hurry.

by thin I meant not very wide - they must have made them wider since I looked, as my micron stand didnt fit on a machine-mart one when I was looking - yes I tried on a mates one.

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    Sometimes Machine Mart run a sale post Christmas and flog of their stuff VAT free. Might be worth waiting, if you're not in a hurry.

Just go and buy something and you will go on their database and be sent your VAT free ticket (I generally get at least 4 a year)

John as promised, here is my CML3 set up with my ZRX on the bench. As you can see, with the bike on the ramp , there's still plenty of room around the bench to store stuff

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

Thanks looks like I might have enough room,is it easy to push to one side or put on its side?

Just go and buy something and you will go on their database and be sent your VAT free ticket (I generally get at least 4 a year)

Good idea ive just registered with them

I like the look of the metal peg board and some of the tool trolleys look good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    is it easy to push to one side or put on its side?

No sir

Swivelling castors only on the front and they weigh a fookin ton (well 140kg but it feels like one)

[QUOTE=jds;617404]John as promised, here is my CML3 set up with my ZRX on the bench. As you can see, with the bike on the ramp , there's still plenty of room around the bench to store stuff

IMG_0667.jpg

Is that a hoist on the ceiling to get you on the bike, I know some Rex owners are typically on the larger size

.....zxcvbn
    One more and you get a big kiss

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast