Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motorcycle bike lifts

Re: Motorcycle bike lifts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    Setting it up can be a bit of a faff as you have to raise the side stand before lining up the lift with the lifting points and that means one hand steadying the bike whilst the other manoeuvers the lift into place. Then, at that point, you realise that the connections don't line up so you might need to park the rear wheel on a bit of wood to get the correct height. You suss it out eventually but there's always a degree of anxiety getting the bike to lock in to the Skylift. Slightly similar trickiness taking the bike back off.
    There is one advantage and that is the ability to winter store bikes in the jacked-up position which frees up garage space below it.
    Cheers fella, good info there. I do like the idea of storing the bike over winter on it.

I'm really torn on which I prefer as I can see pro's and con's of each. No rush though, will be giving it some thought.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/bike-li...le-lift-stand/

I have one of these that I bought from an old member many years ago. Mine is an older version that you can unbolt the feet so it's stores easier and you lock it in the high position if you want to store a bike on it.
    Various attachments to lift the bike by, wheels, frame, footests etc. Good bit of kit if you don't want a ramp type lift.

Team Fat Bastard
    RBLR1000 Iron Butt UK Member 2012
    I'm not a complete idiot.............................some bits are missing

Well I ended up pulling the trigger on the Abba Skylift and set up last night. Haven't tried it on the bike yet, but it seems a lovely bit of kit.

I got the adapters for the Rex and thought I was in luck on my other bike (TDM900) as the nearside adapter fits the TDM perfectly, but the smaller offside one is just a tad too tight for it which is a bit annoying as it will need another 20 quid for the TDM adapters. It's only just too tight and I did wonder if I could take a tiny bit off so it then fitted both bikes, but I'm thinking it might not be wise to mess with something that's holding a couple of hundred kilo's in the air

Actually when looking at the adapters that are holding all the weight I can't help wondering if they are robust enough. I know they're used fine without issue so guess it's all fine but just looks scary lifting an entire bike on two pegs of metal thinner than a pencil.

All in all it seems a great lift though, will probably even use for simple jobs like chain adjustment

If I didnt have a bike table and the abba (with trolley) that is what I would of bought

Even just lifting rex on the abba's two points looks scary when you take the front or back end out but as you say, they are fine and more than fit for purpose
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345