Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ZRX owner.

Question New ZRX owner.

Hi - I am a new owner of a ZRX 1100 (1998 model) which I bought a few days ago. I am from Ireland and a retired policeman who spent many enjoyable years on Garda bikes. (Garda is what they call the police in Ireland) This bike apparently (can't be verified) has only 10,000miles from new as it was sitting in a shed for 13 years and sadly neglected so plenty of corrosion around. However I plan to restore this bike.

One thing that has me a bit confused is the striping on this ZRX. I have scanned almost all the ZRX images online and have not come across this livery which has the brand name as part of the stripe and not the raised lettering that are on most ZRX's. I am not entirely pleased with it so wondering if replacement stripes are available anywhere? I also prefer the gold raised lettering brand name badges so would be looking for a left and right side pair of these. If I was repainting it I would like to move to metallic paint in roughly the same shade as currently on it.

Also I would like the wheels in gloss black. Is this sacrilege on such a bike? Everybody is on about Eddie Lawson but to be honest I never heard of him until I bought this bike and I think the gold and aluminium look of the wheels looks a bit gaudy.

Oh and can I post on this board?

Some pictures of my bike.

Re: New ZRX owner.

Well, fancy meeting you here!

Hi Pedro,

Should have waited till you were selling yours I am thinking - a lot of work ahead of me with this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Hi Pedro,

Should have waited till you were selling yours I am thinking - a lot of work ahead of me with this bike.
    You'd be waiting AG!

But think of yours as a blank canvas, to do with as you please. And all without the aggro of trying to source non-existent parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Hi - I am a new owner of a ZRX 1100 (1998 model) which I bought a few days ago. I am from Ireland and a retired policeman who spent many enjoyable years on Garda bikes.

One thing that has me a bit confused is the striping on this ZRX. I have scanned almost all the ZRX images online and have not come across this livery which has the brand name as part of the stripe and not the raised lettering that are on most ZRX's.

Hi and welcome ...........did yoy nick nany innocent bikers for speeding dyring yoyr tine in the Garda?

Yoy have probably already realised that the paintwork is non standard and it woyld have had raised Kawasaki badges on the tank fron new.

Ask away with yoyr qyestions...........we are here to help..........fess yp thoygh.......how nany bikers did yoy nick?

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    Hi and welcome ...........did yoy nick nany innocent bikers for speeding dyring yoyr tine in the Garda?

Yoy have probably already realised that the paintwork is non standard and it woyld have had raised Kawasaki badges on the tank fron new.

Ask away with yoyr qyestions...........we are here to help..........fess yp thoygh.......how nany bikers did yoy nick?
    For future reference AG, u is replaced with y and m is replaced with n.

Don't ask!

And your wheels would've been black from the factory so paint away!

Personally I like a polished rim but not the gold centres. I'll be doing the lips on my own black wheels, probably at the next tyre change.

Before I go painting though I need to know if the gold badges and stripes are available to buy. Ebay did not throw up much. I know they changed the format a few times - blue on top - then white on top etc. Which would be the correct format for my bike. I never knew anything about the ZRX before buying it and so I am completely "green" about them other than they look and sound nice and are comfortable to ride.

I know the cosmetic side will come after all mechanical fixes but I want to get the image of what the final product will look like in my mind before I start anything.

Welcome good sir and the paint looks good enough from here

Hard to see it all as I’m on my phone for a couple of days but as the name suggests, do you also have an Alfa
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Welcome on board.
    Looks like bike you have had many lives before, perhaps three or more bikes in one. I wouldn't consider myself with the cosmetics just yet. I would go with fine comb over the safety related components first then ride some to see what's come out.
    Bloody Foreigner

Something not quite right there. That's not a ZRX head. Looks more GPZ1100.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast