Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ZRX MOT

Re: ZRX MOT

[QUOTE=ZRXNige;616676]One hoped you meant crates...………………………….but then one saw your location

ok nige, maybe three pints!

Quote Originally Posted by davecullen View Post
    then a gallon of this stuff will absorb no water like normal fuel so no rusting
    This is a bit of a myth. If you think about how much water can possibly be contained in the air trapped in your fuel tank over winter, it really doesn't make any difference, especially if you fill the tank to the brim for storage.

Also, ethanol absorbs water, so you could argue that any water vapour trapped in the air in the tank can be absorbed into the ethanol rather than condense out and sit at the base of the tank.

Also if it contain no additives it wont have the detergents etc in that 'normal' fuel will. Think I'd rather stick with a good quality Super Unleaded.

As its that time of year again I swear by Seafoam...………………….. but I think any non ethanol fuel such as aspen must be good for the carbs as I dont think you get that rock hard varnish forming

I could be wrong of course
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Synthetic petrol is the great white hope of internal combustion, kleen process vs almost everything else (electric included). Fingers crossed.

Like the red one

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    As its that time of year again I swear by Seafoam.....

I could be wrong of course
    Most likely... According to SDS for Seafoam it contain up to 25% of isopropanol which is an alcohol.
    I would not recommend this product for wintering.
    Don't you have specific wintering product on your market like Sta-Bil?
    Bloody Foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by PALESAINT View Post
    Synthetic petrol is the great white hope o
    ...b:
    I wouldn't put it that way but I understand it wasn't intentional.
    Synthetic process is more than 100 years old now but really developed on the industrial scale by Nazi Germany. In only one of multiple production sites, Politz, IG Farben campany had 30 thousand prisoners working from near by concentration camp.
    Bloody Foreigner

yes, lots of products, some recommended by historic vehicle clubs, I would only say I have used aspen as a lay up for several years, and combining this with draining the carbs, it has resulted in instant fire ups in the spring, I do actually run my bikes on super unleaded, usually Shell V power, so probably OCD, but having had lots of fuel problems over the years, i am cautious.

Curiously I am cursing my Rex, as having blasted it round the back roads on Saturday, my fuel tap is leaking from the tank, I replaced the 0 ring for vacuum last year as it was bypassing and now this, have ordered the new gasket and fibre washers for the bolts, total pain in arse.

Quote Originally Posted by davecullen View Post
    yes, lots of products, some recommended by historic vehicle clubs, I would only say I have used aspen as a lay up for several years, and combining this with draining the carbs, it has resulted in instant fire ups in the spring, I do actually run my bikes on super unleaded, usually Shell V power, so probably OCD, but having had lots of fuel problems over the years, i am cautious.

Curiously I am cursing my Rex, as having blasted it round the back roads on Saturday, my fuel tap is leaking from the tank, I replaced the 0 ring for vacuum last year as it was bypassing and now this, have ordered the new gasket and fibre washers for the bolts, total pain in arse.
    The joys of motoring Dave

Oh and FWIW I get several more miles to the tank using premium fuels such as V power (albeit the 1109's like it better anyways).

Spooky as it may seam tho, having ridden to Wick and taking additive with me JIC, all the stations north of the border appear to serve premium fuel unlike down fookin here

Yep, it has no miles yet is 100 years old. I went after all rubber doing resto on my 1999 Rex.
    Pumping only 100% gas as well, colloquialy called "boat gas" here.
    Run my truck on it for a while but at dollar more per gallon it went old soon.
    Bloody Foreigner

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast