Thread: Recommended Rex Tecs

Recommended Rex Tecs

Following the retirement of Black Rex's long term service engineer, I've struggled to find anyone who seems confident about working on a bike with (mild) internal mods - if it aint in the service manual (or the parts diagram) they aren't keen. This is a problem down here, I've never used anyone local for any of the proper work partly because of the teeth sucking stuff. It makes keeping the bike a much less practical proposition because my competence (and recently time available) doesn't extend much beyond basics.

I'm prepared to travel, it's been a 200m round trip in recent years, and that would still be OK if I could find the right candidate. Be useful to have a register of trusted practitioners, I think Nige mentioned something like this t'other day. Anyway if anyone has suggestions....

Re: Recommended Rex Tecs

Not sure where in the world you are Nick but Esme used to highly recommend someone and then there is the chap who rebuilt Steve's bike who comes very highly recommended - he also did Micks gearbox (I believe he is a full time Kawasaki mech) but being darn sarf it would need them to answer.
    What Goes Around..........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Not sure where in the world you are Nick but Esme used to highly recommend someone and then there is the chap who rebuilt Steve's bike who comes very highly recommended - he also did Micks gearbox (I believe he is a full time Kawasaki mech) but being darn sarf it would need them to answer.
    Ta for heads up

What sort of work are you needing ? i am in North Devon and always happy to help .

Quote Originally Posted by devonnick1 View Post
    What sort of work are you needing ? i am in North Devon and always happy to help .
    Cheers Nick, PM for you.