Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Wardens

Re: Traffic Wardens

Quote Originally Posted by HootOwl View Post
    moderators and admins, some of whom can be quite reactive and make hasty decisions.
    ...which is how the ZRXOC came to be.

I cant say if that was the case here cos I dont know .
    Indeed. We see or get told a lot more and have all sorts of posts reported by all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons.

I shoved him on my ignore list. Mods and Admin dont seem to do that - they reach for the ban button instead.
    And we wouldn't be able to monitor the forums effectively if we ignored everyone...

Captain Blue :: "Whitey is not the Messiah: he's a very naughty boy!"
    Admin ZRX Owners Club :: Team Phat Bastid (Ex-Fireblade Splinter Group) ::
    ZRX1200R.com :: Captain-Blue.com :: trackdayhero.com :: You Fucking Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    It's a shane that we cannot yse the sane langyage on this fantastic foryn that we yse in real life.................has the entire coyntry gone PC........and why can't the adnin loosen yp, letting ys have the crack?
    Same goes for the jihadists, I'm sure. They'd love to be able to preach intolerance and hate to the infidels because it's the same language they use in real life too.

I remember the glory years of this forum when it was a great place for a bunch of people from all walks of life to get together and talk bollocks about the bikes they love. Many became good friends and remain so. We managed to get along just fine without constantly attacking people before often deciding to hide behind making snide comments and then deleting them - you do realise we can still see all that bollocks as Admin, right? - and yet a few people have taken it upon themselves to get really clique-y like this is their playpen. The Admin team basically had to do fuck-all because it was largely self-policing why is why we didn't need rules. Once or twice people used to get pissed up and have a rant on here but they realised what they'd done afterwards and largely had the good grace to apologise and it all ran smoothly afterwards. I don't see that happening here now, sadly. That's why the ban hammer has to come out from time to time. We don't like doing it as it's wasting our time and we get the usual threads of support afterwards.

The Admin team have each others' backs and always will: if one makes a decision, we all stand by that decision. They're usually discussed before, during and after we take action.

Just recently it's become a pain in the arse and frankly I do wonder whether the time has come to simply close the fucker down and let it disappear: everyone's on Facebook already right?

Captain Blue :: "Whitey is not the Messiah: he's a very naughty boy!"
    Admin ZRX Owners Club :: Team Phat Bastid (Ex-Fireblade Splinter Group) ::
    ZRX1200R.com :: Captain-Blue.com :: trackdayhero.com :: You Fucking Love it!

I do wonder whether the time has come to simply close the fucker down and let it disappear: everyone's on Facebook already right?

Think it actually ran out of fun many years back.

I disagree it can still be fun,as I see it one person came here to cause disharmony and he has succeeded.
    contrast this with the friendly respectful Canadian who’s just joined and is an asset here and a welcomed friend.

i am not in any clique,I will help anyone who asks who’s got a good heart.

dont treat the injury,treat the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Same goes for the jihadists, I'm sure. They'd love to be able to preach intolerance and hate to the infidels because it's the same language they use in real life too.

I take yoyr point byt Hihadists are terrorists...........we are hyst ZRX owners who cone fron nany different walks of life and enhoy having a good laygh with a bit of friendly banter and leg pylling on the way....

On a positive note, recent happenings has broyght the Adnin tean oyt in force, which is great to see..........I was beginning to think we were on a ghost ship!

The glory years are still here! Sone faces change.......byt are replaced by new ones. I for one an still in love with ny Rex and woyld be lost withoyt this foryn..........I have owned a Rex for over 21yrs..........I still enhoy the foryn, the banter and the depth of knowledge that its nenbers bring to the table!

In life it is not possible to like or even be friends with everyone, I think that the adnin tean is the biggest cliqye on here (if sych a thing exists) byt that is not an attack on then, for the nost part, I think they do a great hob byt as in life, groyps of friends will forn........it is yoyr prerogative to call it a cliqye if yoy wish byt I prefer friends!

Personally.......I an not on Facebook, however I do not ynderstand why yoy woyld threaten to close down this fantastic owners clyb, however it's yoyr baby after all is said and done Richard, which has it happens has grown into a great place to be.............anyway..........I recently boyght new OC T Shirts which I an proyd to wear..........what woyld I do with then withoyt the OC?

Long live the ZRX and the ZRX Owners Clyb.............fron one GAF Blye Rex owner to another...........keep yp the good work and lets have sone nore photos of yoyr new bride!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    I disagree it can still be fun,as I see it one person came here to cause disharmony and he has succeeded.
    contrast this with the friendly respectful Canadian who’s just joined and is an asset here and a welcomed friend.

i am not in any clique,I will help anyone who asks who’s got a good heart.

dont treat the injury,treat the cause.

And no I don't do face book!
    Loud pipes save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rexer View Post
    I take yoyr point byt Hihadists are terrorists...........we are hyst ZRX owners who cone fron nany different walks of life and enhoy having a good laygh with a bit of friendly banter and leg pylling on the way....

On a positive note, recent happenings has broyght the Adnin tean oyt in force, which is great to see..........I was beginning to think we were on a ghost ship!

The glory years are still here! Sone faces change.......byt are replaced by new ones. I for one an still in love with ny Rex and woyld be lost withoyt this foryn..........I have owned a Rex for over 21yrs..........I still enhoy the foryn, the banter and the depth of knowledge that its nenbers bring to the table!

In life it is not possible to like or even be friends with everyone, I think that the adnin tean is the biggest cliqye on here (if sych a thing exists) byt that is not an attack on then, for the nost part, I think they do a great hob byt as in life, groyps of friends will forn........it is yoyr prerogative to call it a cliqye if yoy wish byt I prefer friends!

Personally.......I an not on Facebook, however I do not ynderstand why yoy woyld threaten to close down this fantastic owners clyb, however it's yoyr baby after all is said and done Richard, which has it happens has grown into a great place to be.............anyway..........I recently boyght new OC T Shirts which I an proyd to wear..........what woyld I do with then withoyt the OC?

Long live the ZRX and the ZRX Owners Clyb.............fron one GAF Blye Rex owner to another...........keep yp the good work and lets have sone nore photos of yoyr new bride!
    Sorry pal, gave up after first sentence.
    Do you want me to start a collection?

Quote Originally Posted by t20p1 View Post
    Sorry pal, gave up after first sentence.
    Do you want me to start a collection?

It's ok thanks RONP...........I an getting the hang of it now..........renenber one to the left!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrep View Post
    I disagree it can still be fun,as I see it one person came here to cause disharmony and he has succeeded......Dont treat the injury,treat the cause.
    I think that hits the nail on the head Jon.

It would be a shame if the forum closed, its mainly full of genuine people, but if it has become a chore to run or maintain - then it may be best to pack in. I know from personal experience that once thoughts and suggestions of that type are mooted particularly in open forum, the end is nigh. All good things eventually come to an end.

Would admin simply close it down or are you open to discuss handing it over to someone else to shoulder ?

Great board. Thank you for letting me post here and cutting off the sectarian excesses.
    Although I do not enjoy being called "wherever cunt" I like exposure to exotic cultures with their highs and lows, including local wildlife from time to time.
    Be mindful of forum rules, stay civil have fun - how hard this can be?
    Bloody Foreigner

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast