Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scooters

Re: Scooters

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    Where the scoot shines though is the ability to change the position of your feet, especially on the new Forza as the footboards extend quite far back....
    Yep streaching legs is important for long drive comfort.
    Once I find nice crash bars for a Rex I would add descrete highway pegs up front.
    Bloody Foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    Hard to say as I have a Tony Archer on my Rex and it's one of the best seats that I've had. Where the scoot shines though is the ability to change the position of your feet, especially on the new Forza as the footboards extend quite far back. The upright riding position is also a benefit once your back muscles adjust plus the amazing weather protection (albeit with a slightly car like feel to riding).

Conclusion? - I'd take either bike long distance.
    MM. I think I need a corbin seat for the rex and a maxi scooter and try it out for myself. I take it you are not a scooter hater now tho, dinny knock it till you've tried it thing?
    Hack,chop or modify.Its an illness i could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    MM. I think I need a corbin seat for the rex and a maxi scooter and try it out for myself. I take it you are not a scooter hater now tho, dinny knock it till you've tried it thing?
    Corbin is a lower seat than stock so unless you find flat-footing the Rex a struggle you might miss the leg room to the pegs.

I had to source a set of lowered pegs to alleviate some of cramping I was getting with the standard seat and pegs.

Can't wait to see what the new Sargent is like because, like you, the stock zeat was giving me proper grief.

I have Corbin on my bike. It is comfortable. See my pics for reference
    Bloody Foreigner

I take it you are not a scooter hater now tho, dinny knock it till you've tried it thing?
    I'm now a confirmed scooter fan, but for touring mainly. Nothing beats the thrill of a proper motorcycle but the long distance comfort of the Honda makes for a natural touring machine, so long as you can ride happily at 80ish. I did another 90 min run the other day and would normally be a bit stiff afterwards (age!) but not on this wee beastie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123