Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clip on advice (other than don't fit them)

Re: Clip on advice (other than don't fit them)

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXNige View Post
    Very often quiet at the weekend and the board has varying degrees of participation at the best of times what with other means such as WhatsApp and face-ache groups etc filing in the gaps.

I am only on as I am seeking solace from bleeding that fucking cunt of a rear Brembo (fuckin bastard thing) although after lots of fluid, change of caliper and the M/C later we are there (just wish I had read the Aprilia forum yesterday )

Pals slap on the wrist isn't something new on here ill have you know
    Sound's like the brake bleed went well then lol

I have that to look forward too, always struggle to get new lines to bleed first time, not sure why tbh but there you go. Of course I use the pump/bleed method which doesn't help but I'm to tight to buy a bleeding kit so it's me own fault.

I just found out that the so called straight head light bracket I brought a few weeks ago isn't quite as straight as the seller said it was, teach me for throwing the whole parcel in the back of the shed without checking it first, found another (straight one) for next to nothing on ebay so hopefully this one is good enough to powder coat and fit.

The joy of motorcycling.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steady Eddie View Post
    Sound's like the brake bleed went well then lol

always struggle to get new lines to bleed first time, not sure why tbh but there you go. Of course I use the pump/bleed method which doesn't help but I'm to tight to buy a bleeding kit so it's me own fault.

Ive got a one way valve bleeding tool, the piece of pipe into a jam jar, the assistant - "hold it down" and a Mityvac and it defeated them all so you are in good company

Anyroods, removed the caliper, held it bleed nipple uppermost and yep, you guessed it sir...……………………….all good (although I let the pistons come out to face each other with the pads fitted as holding them back did not help in the slightest and the plastic pistons in the Brembo push nice and easy)

Always easy when you know how.

I had a strange bleeding episode on my car, I'd fitted a new clutch cylinder and line and the bloody thing almost worked before I touched it, no bull, I think we pumped it a couple of times, bled it, pumped it again and it worked, I took it all apart just to make sure I hadn't fitted something the wrong way around lol

Right, must move my ass, been leaving since 2 this afternoon and still at home......

Enjoy the rest of your weekend nige.

Pals slap on the wrist isn't something new on here ill have you know

Rather ironic he spends his free time keeping the board going so you can take the piss out of him don't you think?

Team Fat Bastard
    RBLR1000 Iron Butt UK Member 2012
    I'm not a complete idiot.............................some bits are missing

Rule 5 lads

The Admin team would also like to remind members of rule 5.

5. No Spamming and No Trolling (Malicious or overtly antagonistic attacks on other members just for the sake of it) This determination is made by the forum Moderators or Administrators and is not up for discussion
    One more and you get a big kiss

Quote Originally Posted by yox View Post
    Rather ironic he spends his free time keeping the board going so you can take the piss out of him don't you think?
    Nobody is taking the piss sir, rather I was making the point to Mel that people were not keeping away today because he had done so.

It is also not the first time he has done so (and rightly so) but I dont think such acts are then meant to ban any form of expression to lighten the mood.

I dont think such acts are then meant to ban any form of expression to lighten the mood.
    See where thinking gets ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12